icon

alarm won't go off when door is open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished install the scytek 4000-ws on the Ford explorer 1999. The problem I push the LOCK botton on the alarm. I received a open door message. I isolated diodes for all doors and trunk hatch. I haven't connected the dome light trigger yet. The part I don't understand is that they said in the wiring diagram that BLACK/ light lbue + for door trigger and the same wire for domelight supervision. While they tell me in the note that all doors need to be isolated with diodes and they all negative trigger. I tapped all diodes door wires into the a single wire Green from the brain.  I metered all the wired for doors, they are all negatives and they are all correct. Please help

ItemWire ColorPolarityWire Location
12VyellowPositive (+)ignition harness
StarterRED / lt. bluePositive (+)ignition harness
Starter 2none
IgnitionGREEN/ purple [1]Positive (+)ignition harness
2nd Ignitionnone
3rd Ignitionnone
Accessorygray / YELLOW [1]Positive (+)ignition harness
Accessory 2BLACK/ greenPositive (+)ignition harness
Tachometertan / YELLOWPCM [6]
Power Door (Lock)
< color=#0066cc >Wiring Diagram for
[< color=#ff0000 >Negative (-)] Door Lock
pink / YELLOWNegative (-)driver's kick panel
Power Door (Unlock)
[< color=#ff0000 >Negative (-)] Door Unlock
pink/greenNegative (-)driver's kick panel
Door TriggerBLACK/ lt. blue [4]Positive (+)driver's kick panel
Dome Supervision
[< color=#ff0000 >Positive (+)] Dome
BLACK/ lt.bluePositive (+)driver's kick panel
HeadlightsRED / yellowPositive (+)light switch
Parklight PositivePURPLE / white [3]Positive (+)driver's kick panel
Parklight NegativeWHITE/ purpleNegative (-)driver's kick panel
Wiperswht & dk.blu/org [7]Positive (+)wiper motor or relay
Left Front Window
(Up/Down)
wht/blk - redat motor in dr door
Right Front Window
(Up/Down)
wht/yel - tan/lt.blusw dr door or dr kick
Left Rear Window
(Up/Down)
gry/org - yel/lt.bluAsw dr door or dr kick
Right Rear Window
(Up/Down)
yel/blk - RED / blkAsw dr door or dr kick
Trunk/Hatch Pincommon with doors
Hood Pintan/lt.greenNegative (-)driver's kick panel
Trunk/Hatch Release
[< color=#ff0000>] Trunk/Hatch
none
Factory Alarm
(Arm)
arms on lock [5]
Factory Alarm
(Disarm)
dk. GREEN/ purpleNegative (-)driver's kick panel
Hornyellow/lt. greenNegative (-)steering column
Brakelt.greenPositive (+)driver's kick, brake switch
Door Motor
(Lock)
pink/blackdriver's kick panel
Door Motor
(Unlock)
RED / orangedriver's kick panel
Disarmpink/orange [2]driver's kick panel
Disarm No Unlocknonenonenone
alarm won't go off when door is open -- posted image.
Additional Info:

Some models ofThis vehicle are equipted with PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). Use Commando module TransMod to over-ride during remote start. [1] Two wires each at switch, both are common, only need to power 1 each during remote start. [2] You may also use the pink/green power unlock wire. [3] Also found to be WHITE/ black at the rear of the switch. [4] To avoid the dome light delay and dome light time-out use the separate door triggers. In the drivers kick panel find yellow/black for the drivers door, lt. GREEN/ YELLOW for the drivers rear door, and WHITE/ purple for the rear hatch. In the passengers kick panel find gray/red for the passenger front door, and pink/lt. blue for the passengers rear door. All five wires are negative trigger and must be diode isolated together. [5] Arms on lock only with door open. It is necessary to send a signal to door trigger as well as lock to arm factory alarm. [6] The PCM is located at the top of the firewall towards the passenger side, the tan / YELLOW tach wire is also found at the back of the instrument cluster. [7] Also found yellow/white(-) at the firewall connector.

Another thing is that why when I removed the key off the ignition with the door open, I still hear the chime sound. Usually the chime sound should go away if the key is removed off the ignition even the door is open like many other cars. Why go wrong here please help. The alarm not trigger any doors. And when I armed the system keep getting the message door open. Please help

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 12, 2007 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

If the skytec has the ability to be programmed to ignore the dome delay......do it. Use the (POS)+ trigger instead. simple is better!

BUT. Make sure you ALWAYS have your dome light switch set to door, never in the off posistion. Otherwise.....no door trigger.

minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
There is no option in the Scytek to bypass the Domelight delay other then ignore the open door report. I scanned through this forum and they said if I use the + door trigger on this, I may run into some problems. Do you have any problems using the positive door trigger(BLACK/ lt blue). Could you show me how to relay the domelight and door trigger when they are using the same wire on this Ford. Thanks
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
use the + blue black in the pass kick the drivers side can cause false triggers
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
if you are getting door open when you arm check that you diddnt accidently use your - input on the alarm. the dome rests at - and will show a open door with door closed
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

try using a relay some cars don't ground completely  and also check the diodes make sure all are in the same direction

jmsounds

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the actual dome light...... real easy.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

If you are going to sep. door contacts and then diode isolating them together you also need to diode isolate them from the cars body control unit. where you connect your alarm wires (green) to each contact after that join ie away from the contact,  run a diode on the door contact cable with the band towards your joint, this will prevent the body module falsing your alarm, you also won't have to programme int (dome) light delay. If you can access directechs ENICE knows the tech hint number because this problem comes up every two weeks! To Kar tune man you are right but I prefer my method as you have more control such as genuine door adjar warnings.

minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

How do I connect to the actual domelight as KarTunMan said for this Ford Explorer 1999. Can you show me the location for the dome wire( or it just the one as the wiring diagram listed). For Howie method, I am kind of confusing reading your direction. You mean that I have a use an extra diode to connect to the green wire off the alarm unit and with the band side to the side of joint comming from all five doors that isolated diodes for each door. I have to fix this car this Wednesday, please help.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

howie is saying to do this diagram here:

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/5899_EXPLORER_FORD%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION.pdf

this should work for you.

Frank

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic