icon

compustar and actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
I recently put actuators on my friends car with a compustar alarm using the blue and blue/blacks to go to relays. For some reason one othe the lock/unlock wires stays with a negative signal all the time so if i connect it to the relay the actuator moves in a direction and stays there so i have to take it off before it burns the motor, the other wire doesnt give any pulse when i press the arm/disarm. The alarm is screwed right? I didnt short any wires the cars battery was dead most of the time i was working on it too. It wizes me off, the relays were hooked up right too i tested them grounding the 85  simulating a negative pulse with another wire to the chasis and it works like that. I only installed the locks, the alarm was installed at a shop.
the duce
flashmcclain 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

I think the first thing we need to figure out is:

1. Do they "latch" on strait off the brain without the actuators hooked up?

test that....

sounds like it could be a bad brain possibly.

Educate.Educate.Educate!
steezs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ya one of the wires does dont remember if its the lock/unlock, I think it is the brain but its practically new and I dont really want to get blamed if everythings right. I connected the alarm wires last in case i got them reversed, i didnt even press the button on the control to test it, when i attached the wire it just activated the relay and stayed latched so i quickly pulled it off not to burn the actuator motors.
the duce
flashmcclain 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

I 've heard of rare instances this has happened, in all scenarios it was because the brain was bad. You said it latched on strait off the brain.

It must be the brain.

Educate.Educate.Educate!
steezs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Is compustar a good alarm? Cause to me it looks almost the same as the cheap models DEI put out Point alert 3000xp.
the duce
flashmcclain 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

Im not familiar with that DEI product, however i've had nothing but good exp. with Compustar alarms.

Educate.Educate.Educate!
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
steezs wrote:
Is compustar a good alarm? Cause to me it looks almost the same as the cheap models DEI put out Point alert 3000xp.
Compustar is one of the best, if not the best alarm with the latest technology.
Anyways, about your car, check your relay, one of them might be bad.
Did you use the doorlock module provided by compustar or wired up your own?
Anyways, make sure its like compustar and actuators -- posted image.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, testing the output from the alarm, and NOT the relay is what is needed to be done. There has been an output not work properly from time to time.

Compustar is a great product. If it's installed by an authorized dealer.....tech, and warranty will never let you down.

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
That is correct. You need to test the lock and unlock outputs. Compustars has a (-) output for lock and unlock. Outputs 250mA's They do have a new item that came out called the dm600. This is a replacment harness is for you connector 3 and gives you a (+) output @ 600mA's. Word
Heh he might not get warranty now since you messed with the alarm. SHould've taken it back to the shop and had them add the power door accuators. heh good luck bro.
"dont ground out!"
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

Always check the alarm's output first. I might have placed diodes across the relay coils  in Captain Zab's diagramme or in series with the lock outputs, bands towards the alarm. I've had issues with DEI product where the VERY low current lock outputs can swing pos or ng depending on how you use them.

If you are still getting an output but  but its latching, try a timer such as the DEI unit set to 1 sec or can you get the Italian blue lock/unlock relay that MES did? THat shuts off the trigger feed after 3 secs.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic