icon

what is phase shift?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
There are quirky personalities HERE!!!!?????!!! Say it ain't so Joe.
There is no such thing as free installation!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
sarcomax, it's good to hear your wise words again!
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2007 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
dboomer wrote:
Haemphyst's post was very informative and accurate. The referrence to my post was childish. Why not add knowledge without bashing others input. I joined this forum to help and get helped...not compete to see who knows more.
My apologies... I really didn't feel I was bashing you in any way. I was simply letting the OP know (perhaps, and apparently, a bit abruptly) that while you were not INcorrect, it was far more complex than a simple reversing of speaker leads. I also don't believe I was trying to compete, merely expound.
You'll find that I am perhaps, one of the "quirkiest" members here, what is phase shift? - Page 2 -- posted image. and if I were really meaning to attack you, (which 1: I pretty rarely do overall, 2: I've never seen any need to attack you, and 3: in this case I truly WASN'T) you'd know it...
I will call BS if I see/smell it, but I wasn't in this case. I don't seem to always be able to type in the most politically correct of ways, sometimes coming off as "brisk" or potentially rude, but I assure you, I'm here for the same reasons you are... to learn from others and to teach through experiences, both of which I feel I do every time I post.
Additionally, sincere thanks for all the "dishes", everybody.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dboomer 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
That's OK...I should have shrugged it off and not responded. I have seen phase shift in mixing boards used to combine several racks of speakers/amps to adjust for the cleanest cymbal sounds in the center of the room. Might be a nice feature if you had a large RV.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2007 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I offered wise words? I need to stop drinking...what is phase shift? - Page 2 -- posted image.
digdug18 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
I was speaking in terms of on an amp actually...But yeah.
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  
Since we've now established that Haemphyst is what we all really wish we could be (yeah, I retired my superman pajamas, for Haemphyst jammies)
let's sort out this guys problem... I'm so confused with his 2 responses that it's making me want to set myself on fire...
digdug... Are you asking us whether or not to mess with the phase shift knob on your amp? Or do you have some other piece of equipment with this function that has perked your interests.
BTW... Wormy's computer won't let him post on the 12volt anymore (unknown causes) but he's on the phone and in the same situation as me (wearing his Haemphyst jammies and being confused)
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Aw, shucks... what is phase shift? - Page 2 -- posted image. I have my own jammies! That's when you KNOW you've made it!
DYohn asked the same question of digdug. But now... you have me wondering too!
jazzcustom131 wrote:
BTW... Wormy's computer won't let him post on the 12volt anymore (unknown causes) but he's on the phone and in the same situation as me (wearing his Haemphyst jammies and being confused)
As far as this little issue, try deleting ALL of your cookies and temporary internet files, defrag the drive, and try again. Close your browser, right-click the "E" on your desktop, and go to "Properties". In the middle of that window, click both of the "delete" buttons under the "Temporary Internet Files" section, and say yes to the confirmation dialog. The cookies'll go pretty quick, but the TIF may take several minutes, depending on your hardware, and how many files there actually are.
Once done with that, defrag your hard drive - <Start> - <Run> - <type dfrg.msc> - <Enter> I have no idea when the last time you did this was, or how often you do it, (I recommend no less frequently than once a week) but it COULD take up to about an hour, again, depending on hardware.
Reboot once that's finished. Try to log-in again.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic