icon

2004 crv with viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kemetuimay 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  

I just finish installing the viper 791xv starter on my 2004 crv but i have left out alot of wire because i don't know where they go

like the channels and locks because it ask for a relay so im not sure if i can connect it without a relay or diode

but i try to start it the car crank but it won't start i don't know what i did wrong can someone give me a better wiring instruction or tips on how to get the starter to work

im having trouble understanding some of the wire that are describe in the instruction booklet

i wanted to know what is the most needed wire to install and which wire i can skip or not use

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
How about you tell us what wires you have connected?
Did you use a bypass module for the transponder key? If so, which one?
You don't need diodes or relays for the locks.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

This is hard....describing each wire you have connected, or for that matter the one's you didn't connect.

Where did you get your tech info?   Jworm has a great question, as well as some good info.

kemetuimay 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

im sorry it was late yesterday so i type the message short

i wiring information that i use are the one that come from here and one come from the bulldog security website i also bought a bypass 555i to install it in

all the one that i bold are all the wire that i finish but the rest of it i can't find it or i didn't wire because it ask for a relay or diode

12volts white (50A)   +   ignition harness

Starter BLACK/ white   +   ignition harness
Second Starter N/A       
Ignition BLACK / YELLOW   +   ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A       
Third Ignition N/A       
Accessory BLACK/ red   +   ignition harness
Second Accessory WHITE/ red   +   ignition harness
Keysense RED / white   -   ign harn or factory alarm plug
Notes: The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Power Lock WHITE/ blue   -   driver kick, door harness
Power Unlock WHITE/ green   -   driver kick, door harness
Lock Motor yellow/black   5wi DKP or back of fuse box, top left
Unlock Motor YELLOW /GREEN   5wi DKP or back of fuse box, top left
Parking Lights+ RED / black   +   back of fuse box, top middle
Notes: Can also use RED / yellow (+) at the front of the fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 15.
Parking Lights- blue   -   switch or factory alarm plug
Notes: The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Hazards same as turn signal wires       
Turn Signal(L) GREEN/ red   +   steering column
Turn Signal(R) GREEN/ YELLOW   +   steering column
Reverse Light GREEN/ black   +   frt of fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 1
Door Trigger grn (driver) and lt. grn/red   -   frt of fusebox or factory alarm plug
Notes: Use both wires and diode isolate each.
The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Dome Supervision GREEN/ red   -   back of fuse box, top right
Trunk/Hatch Pin red and GREEN / WHITE (glass)   -   frt of fusebox or factory alarm plug
Notes: Use both wires and diode isolate each.
The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Hood Pin yellow/red   -   pin switch or factory alarm plug
Trunk/Hatch Release BLACK / YELLOW   -   driver kick, door harness
Power Sliding Door N/A       
Factory Alarm Arm factory remote only       
Factory Alarm Disarm factory remote only       
Disarm No Unlock factory remote only       
Tachometer blue   ac   test tachometer connector __________this one they say its behind the battery but i can't find this plug or wire??
Notes: The test tachometer connector is a two pin connector behind the battery.
Wait to start N/A       
Brake Wire WHITE/ black   +   brake pedal switch
Parking Brake GREEN/ orange   -   Immobilizer Control Unit, pin 4
Notes: The Immobilizer Control Unit is on the ignition key cylinder.
Horn Trigger orange   -   column or factory alarm plug
Memory Seat 1 N/A       
Memory Seat 2 N/A       
Memory Seat 3 N/A       
Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Transponder Part #: 555i, 556U, or 555U
Notes: N/A

kemetuimay 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  

can somebody help me with this problem

i need help with knowing which wire is require to be wire up and what other equipment is need inorder to get my car running like the 451m i don't know if my car need it or even know how to install it

also i can't find the blue tech wire it say that it is behind the battery but i don't see no plug behind the battery or a blue wire

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Get rid of the 451m. It is not needed for your car. The doorlock harness will have a blue wire, and a green wire. Connect the blue wire to the unlock wire listed above, and the green wire listed above. If you don't have the 3-pin doorlock harness with just the green and blue wires, you can just cut that part of it off the 451m.
If I remember correctly, that is one of the Honda's that I could never find the tach test connector under the hood.
I always got the tach wire at the inside fuse box on those. Look around for a solid blue wire next to an orange wire. Take your meter and put it on AC voltage. Ground the black lead, and put the red lead on the blue wire at the fuse box. With the car off it will read around 0v. Start the car and it should go to around 6v.
rtperformance 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
You will also want to take the second Ing to your second ACC in the car and then program it as the second ACC this will insure all Ing and Acc are being triggerd the way they would if you start with the key. You may also for testing want to try Remote Strat with the key not the bypass to see if all is good on the remote side. if that works reconnect your bypass... Try agin.
kemetuimay 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

oh thanks you guys for helping me

but i also want to ask about the locks, which one am i suppose to wire up the

Power Lock WHITE/ blue   -   driver kick, door harness

Power Unlock WHITE/ green   -   driver kick, door harness
Lock Motor yellow/black   5wi DKP or back of fuse box, top left
Unlock Motor YELLOW /GREEN   5wi DKP or back of fuse box, top left

this part is confusing me and also i want to ask that is it require to hook up the hood pin wire because i want the engine to start when i open the hood so can i not wire this wire up 

rtperformance 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
use the lock wires not the motor wires for lock and unlock. no relay need they should work straight from the unit. As far as the hoop pin it is not needed if you dont want to use it but there is a black with a white striped wire in the same harness as the hood pin. wire this wire to ground thruogh a switch so you can still disable the starter. With DEI if you disconect the Batt. then reconect it the system will try to start this can freak out anyone working on the car.
kemetuimay 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

are the doors trigger and the door locks are different right

and can somebody give me like a list of wire that are not require to install so i won't left it out

because im really just looking into install the starter for right now, im not that need of the keyless entry ill just use the OEM locking

but also i just want to make sure that i wire up the 555i corectly is it right that i follow the wire colors exactly that are in the instruction that came with the 555i

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic