Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotstartup 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, first post here.
I recently boguht a car with the following remote
what brand is this alarm remote -- posted image.
i think its lost its programming, but it doesnt say what brand it is so i cant look up programming info. any clue what brand it is, or how to program it? thanks.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
ultrastart or maybe autopage
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
That is from a company called Ultrastart. It is probably a TL1250 if it is remote start only, or a TL2250 if it is an alarm/remote start. More info can be found here:    webpage
I installed those for years so I should be able to answer any questions you have about it.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just saw your question you posted under the picture. See if this help.
Transmitter Programming
Step 1 - Within 3 seconds turn the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON - Leaving Key ON
Step 2 - Press and hold the Program Button (located on the antenna) - The park lights will turn ON and the horn(optional) will honk once.*
Continue to hold the Program Button, the park lights will turn off and the horn will honk 5 times quickly.
Step 3 - While holding the Program Button, press the LOCK button on each of the remote’s to be programmed.
If remote’s are being programmed for 2nd Car Operation press the # button on each of the 2nd car
remote’s to be programmed.
Note: The park lights will flash once and the horn will honk once each time a new code is learned.
Note: Transmitter programming must done quickly. Do not pause more than one second between each transmitter.
All the transmitters to be used must be programmed at the same time. All transmitters not programmed
at this time will be erased from memory for security. The system holds a maximum of 4 transmitter
codes including 2nd car remote codes.
I just uploaded a manual: Manual
hotstartup 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
thanks Jworm. where is the program button? on the remote irself or the button u press to put the car in valet mode.
The car was also missing the siren when i got it. Can i use any siren? i found a few on ebay, but they had 2 wires going into it, im sure i saw three wires where the siren is suppose to go.
hotstartup 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
Jworm, i dont think mine has the remote start, and i dont remember seeing a prorame button close the LED (i dont think is aw an an antenna either unless its hidden with the brain)
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
My old shop only used the remote starters and alarm/remote starters from Ultrastart. We never used the alarm only units, so I am not familiar with them. The units with remote start always had an antenna about 6 inches long that was usually placed behind the mirror. It is possible that the alarm only units do not have an external long range antenna. The units I am used to using had the programming button on the antenna.
I would recommend finding the alarm brain and getting the model number off the back of it. Then you will be able to download the correct manual to see the correct programming instructions.
Most sirens that come with an alarm have 2 wires. A wire that gets grounded. and another wire that triggers the siren when it sees a (+12v) signal. There are sirens that have 3 (or 4) wires that have an internal backup battery. They have a ground input, a constant +12v input, and then a +12v trigger input. The sirens with 4 wires will also have a (-) trigger input that can be used in place of the (+) trigger input. Once you get the alarm working, you are going to have to use a meter (or test light) to determine what the 3 wires under the hood are doing. If you just want to buy a standard 2-wire siren that would be fine. You will just have to determine the wire that shows ground, and the wire that is the (+) trigger. Ground will usually be black, and the siren trigger us usually brown. The installer could have used different colors when extending the wires though.
Another thing to check if the remote is not functioning is the main fuse on the alarm brain. If it is an alarm only unit, look for a 20 amp fuse. If the installer ran a constant wire from the alarm brain to the underhood siren and didn't properly fuse it then the alarm fuse may have blown when the siren wires were cut.
hotstartup 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much! I will pull off the panel where the brain is and have a look, i remember seeing a few fuses last time i took this out. Ill get the model number of the unit as well and post it back. thanks again
hotstartup 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
hey sorry took so long, the number on the brain was SC440. thank you!!!
hotstartup 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
i found the manual here
http://www.ultrastarters.com/Feature_Sheets/U441/MAN-430-440-441-CJ-INSTALL-U-2005.pdf
I am just wondering though, do i need to just program the transmitor? or program everything? programing just the transmittor looks fairly easy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic