icon

unique whips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

What do you guys think of this show?

I see some cool stuff on there and some lame stuff to, what are your opinions?

Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Reme has talent. I hope he's bein paid a butt load of cash to put up with Will.

I for one, am board stiff of this show. Same crap every week......or every whenever.

HURRY.... we got a tight deadline..... whatever. Same install on every frickin rig.

Are these rich people all THAT stupid?    UNIQUE..... not a chance!

speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have pretty much the same opinion butt I have to admit that Reme as talented as he is can’t hold a candle too many installers that I know when it comes to custom work. We have a running joke around our shop that after we have built 4 sides of a box an thrown some fleece on that it’s a “Reme box”. All done and ready to ship. What a joke! I work every fiberglass project to the point that the painter just needs to point and shoot color and clear. And if he can not accommodate my schedule I have the skill to do the job my self. I don’t puss out 18 hours early. But having said that I don’t have to work in front of the cameras. I cant say that I could or would ever do his job.
P.S I would punch Will right in the jaw. Show or no show!
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with the punching Will part. You have to show your talent respect. No matter how well you think you manage your people. They are the one's who perform the magic. A Manager is only as good as his worst employee. That's why you must suround your self with the best of the best, and let them know they are.
Big Dave
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Someone link the post about unique whips where orlando browns car had to be taken to another shop.
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

kassdog wrote:
Someone link the post about unique whips where orlando browns car had to be taken to another shop.

That post was mysteriously deleted. I replied to it, noting how I have had a couple Uniquie cars come into my shop to be fixed. Then it got deleted (a message to a moderator gave no explanation). Lets see if this one gets deleted too. I guess someones feelings were hurt. unique whips -- posted image.

Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

hahah there was a thread about that kinda thing before. that is hilarious.

no matter how good something looks on TV i bet unique has one hell of a dark side.

Although it would be harder to hide a broken panel from network tv, than from an unknown customer browsing through the store. Props to the installers for that.

Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I'm tired of the lack of custom in that show. pump my ride gets a bad rap but they do more customizing than building the same box over and over and over for every car.
I actually spoke to Will at CES or SEMA last year. He's actually not a big dk in person. But I guess it changes when it comes to his money. I bet his vendors love dealing with him.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

will really wizes me off!

i just saw the epp. where one douche stole something from him and he tried to punish his entire staff.   after the guy fessed up he was fired along with another guy who said he wouldnt pay for his losses.  

i know that they waaaaaaay overcharge for stuff but thats what you do to celebs.   its funny to see old episodes where there spray painting stuff inside cars (literaly sprayin while inside of a car!)  and i did locate a post on some ford forums about the f 650 they did for orlando.  lots of duct tape and back strap.

obviously theyve got alot of nice stuff now. paint shop and all.

id like to know what reme gets paid. im not saying hes the best but think about how much "exposure" he has. i hope one day he tells will to stuff it  and opens his own shop

hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
i dont think i typed wiz but ok
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic