icon

07 mustang gt alarm,keyless,remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckydawg003 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to be adding the python 990 to my car. How hard would this be for me to do on my own. I'm pretty good hooking up sound systems, just never tried an alarm. I have the color codes already, seems simple enough. Do I have to buy the Ford bypass thing to hook up the remote start? Also how would I do the remote start on my manual car? Thanks
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Buy a unit designed for a manual transmission, or buy the 689m from DEI to make the 990 manual transmission safe. You will need a bypass...there are a lot of different bypass units that work with your car.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I just checked DEI's website and can't find any 689m...Is it not for sale in the us yet? Thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

Of course my vote goes for an Astrostart. ALL of theirs are manual safe. Compustar as well.

You should be able to find a dealer that will totally disreguard his dealer agreement, and sell you one over the counter.

www.astroflex.com

luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
I am also thinking about adding the mini piezo siren #513T. So I need the python 990, 513t,689m,and a bypass556uw. Does that sound about right?
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
There are much better alternatives to the 556U. Your car probably only came with 2 keys. If you use a 556U you will have to put a key in it leaving you only 1.
Recommended bypasses:   PKF3, PKU-F2, 556S, or a XK04 with Firmware PKFORD 3.00
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm my car did only come with two keys. So with one of those other bypasses do I not have to put my spare key in it? I only found the 556sw for $150 on dei's site. Where can I find the other models you talked about? Thanks
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Correct, with those bypasses I listed you won't lose a key.
Go to www.bypasskit.com and put your model of car in up top. It will bring up those bypasses I listed. From those links you can download the install guides for those modules and decide which one you like. You can't buy from there unless you are a dealer.
There is a PKU-F2 on eBay right now for $11 shipped and a 555S for $56 shipped. I would recommend the PKU-F2. Search for 'Ford bypass' on eBay under Consumer Electronics.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
To tell you the truth I think you may want to consider another installer.  First, hes already outdated on bypasses and second he was willing to install the 990 without the 689m.  You sure you want him to do it?????
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well I'm gonna be the one installing it, with him helping me and making sure I hook up everything right. He's installed for awhile, and knows his stuff. He probably just wanted to save me money by bypassing the r/s without the 689m. I have heard that the 689m isn't for sale yet in the US? Any truth to this?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic