the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

astrostart 3106 lock output dead

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Astrostart 3106 into a 2007 F150. The lock output does not work. I tested the wires connected to the on board relay and the relay does not work. So my question is if there is a way to get the lock feature to work. I know there is a lock output on the P16 connector, but I don't have that connector so I don't think rigging up some makeshift connector would be a very reliable method of making this work. I was wondering if there was a way to use the programmable relay or some other way to mimic the lock feature. I am installing this out of town for an acquaintance so I would prefer not to have to make a separate trip back just for this.
Thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

Well.... the p-5 doesn't have the ability to trigger on lock, the only thing you could do with the p-5 is (of course) pulse after shut down. But that doesn' "really" help.

Now.... the p-16....as you look at the plug in the brain you know where the connection is made. With the open end, the part that has the "tabs" on it, facing UP. The lock is all the way to the right. (the lock pin on the p-16)

If there is a way for you to tag that pin..... your problem should be fixed!  The pin at the other end of the plug is 12V

Ya know... I just got to thinking..... your reading the same install manual that I am. BOY do I feel stupid.

Good luck.

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
I was reading an older post where someone said pulse after shutdown also pulses on lock, so I thought if that were true, it would work the same as lock but also lock the doors after shutdown. If that is how it will work, I will go with that, otherwise I might have to modify a connector and try the P16 lock output.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

Looking in the Astrochart, pulse after DOES pulse on first lock command!

This just might work huh?astrostart 3106 lock output dead - Last Post -- posted image.

jrilla 
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well it's worth a shot. Where did you find that info in Astrochart? I have that program too (back home of course) and I have not seen anything in there that explains what the programming options do. I mean the install manuals are useless except for dipswitch settings, and if I hadn't lost my MultiTest II I would never even look at the manual.
I have also wondered what Type 1 and type 2 rearming were. I thought one of them was dome lock dome, or something like that, but I never knew for sure.
jrilla 
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well I decided to go with the programmable relay set to pulse after shutdown and for the most part it works fine. But like you said KarTuneMan, it will only work on the first press of lock, so if in some rare instance the doors are unlocked by either the factory remote, or the keypad on the door, the Astrostart remote will not lock the doors, but that is a rare case.
Thanks for the input.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
The astrochart, in the archive section, has a "timing" picture. Shows all the pulse times and when they are activated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic