icon

no sound from rear speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbodarryl 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Alpine cde-9881 unit in my 93 toyota 4-runner, all 4 speakers work with radio playing, but only the front speakers work when playing a cd. It don't seem normal, so if anybody no whats going on please help.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using an external amplifier?
Support the12volt.com
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

there may be a factory amp on that vehicle running only the rears I would check the blue/white wire behind the radio first to make sure it is connected to the blue/white in the harness, my guess is that the blue from the radio is going there and as soon as you change to cd the blue wire (which is the power antenna wire) is no longer sending 12v to turn the factory amp on.

--->Richard

2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
turbodarryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks guys, i'm not using an external amp, just the one in the radio. The blue/white wire from the radio i believe is connected right cause the  pwr. antenna is working. The previous Alpine i had in there did the same thing, and i have this one hooked up the exact same way. What would be the difference between the internal amp output from playing the radio an all speakers work fine and when playing a CD.. just the front work...Humm....I'll check to make sure the suv don't have a amp for the rear speakers. And the mean time if anybody have any subjestions let me know.
wysiwyg 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Your problem has already been Identified above.  The blue wire is the power antenna wire.  The Blue/White wire is the amplifier turn on wire.  When you are listening to the radio, the power antenna wire is powered to raise your antenna.  When you are listening to a CD this wire goes dead allowing the antenna to go down.  Your vehicle obviously has an amplifier and when you listen to the cd player, your power antenna wire goes dead, thus turning your amplifier off.
turbodarryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys thanks, i work for toyota an should have figure this out a long time ago, i just did'nt think the rear speakers had amps in them, and the factory radio turns the amps on an puts the antenna up an keeps it up as long as the radio is on.Thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic