icon

07 ram, remote start, won't start at all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonboy1970 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed a scytek astra 4000rs in my 2007 dodge ram 150. RS does not fire but will crank. I tried directed 1084 but still cant get it. Now truck won't start with key either. I disconnected everything to get truck to start but it still won't. Could i have tripped something? I checked all fuses under hood and they seem to be fine. Please help, I am now dead in the water.

jon Routzahn
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
ran into this problem before on a manual transmission ram.  try to unlock/lock with the factory keyfob and see if it starts.. for some reason the vehicle goes to sleep and will not start.
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
where did you catch your 12v wire from? my friend did his dads 07 and there is only like a 3a fuse in the main power or ingition, i cant rember witch. you have ot run a power wire from the battery for 12v.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
jonboy1970 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Tried factory lock and unlock along with alarm/rs lock unlock, still have the same problem. Appreciate your thoughts and help.
jon Routzahn
jonboy1970 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
I was running a 12+ supply for an amplifier that I was instaling under the seat so I tied in the constant 12 volts to the 4 gauge wire that I ran to the amp.
jon Routzahn
jonboy1970 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

When i turn the key to crank the truck no longer cranks it just shuts down everything. Ex: radio works fine when turn to run, then as soon as turn to crank it shuts it down and will not come back on until I turn key off then back on, but no matter what i try the key will still not crank engine. At least the rs will try to turn engine over. Still lost

jon Routzahn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Have you checked ALL of the trucks fuses?
jonboy1970 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

I checked every fuse in the fuse block under the hood. Unless there is another fuse block that I am unaware of I have no fuses blown. It acts as if there is a dead short from the way it just shuts off whem I turn the ignition to crank.

jon Routzahn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
There "should be" a fuse box IN the truck...... I cannot imagine Chrysler wanting their truck owners to have to get under the hood to check for a toasted fuse.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

There definitely is a cabin fuse box .. check under the steering column and then towards the driver's kick panel. 

Did you try resetting the positive terminal of the battery?

What did you do for your immobilizer bypass? Universal or Data-bypass?

The search function is your friend.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic