the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

01 galant, wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:
You will need to use the GWR on the key sence (put it back together01 galant, wont start - Page 2 -- posted image.)  AND the trigger for the bypass. Isolate with diodes.
No, the original poster is correct. The keysense wire rests at ground with no key inserted, when a key is inserted it goes to an open circuit. GWR to 86, 85 to constant +12v, cut keysense wire - one side to 30, the other side to 87a.

How about that.......01 galant, wont start - Page 2 -- posted image. Thats what I get for NOT looking the vehicle up myself....!

I'm old and my brain is not functioning properly. (sad)01 galant, wont start - Page 2 -- posted image.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
KEY SENSE Blue/red                                     Ignition switch harness - 

Just wondering..... Astro, and Wiremagic show this same thing? Are they both wrong is the way they have printed their info?

When Astro has one that goes "open" thats the way the show it..... "open" NOT ground? I believe you, cause I don't have a car in fornt of me.

I am simply telling you what is in print, in front of me.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Its been a couple years, but I remember Mitsubishi's keysense going to an open circuit when a key is inserted. Why they do it that way...I have no idea. Either way, it should be metered to see the correct answer.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Thats why I advise to have that wire completely connected for the bypass to be programmed.  After it has been progammed then you setup the relay for the keysense

pro17 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Well, thanks for all the info. I came to find out that the car was manufactured in september of 2000. Though its labeled as an 01 model. So I needed to get the third key after all. I got it and used the universal transponder bypass and it worked right away. Thanks again for all the info.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:

If it didn't work the way I explained then maybe you should verify if what I mentioned in the steps gave you feedback. 

Did the security light start blinking when taking out the second key?

Did it go solid when you tried the remote start with the "wait to start" wire grounded and the module next to the key cylinder? 

Also, have you used that module on another car because these modules can only be programmed once.  If you received it open then you should try another one.  Lastly, try programming it with the key sense connected.  If all else fails then you may need a Mitsubishi Scan tool because the 2000 Galants can only be programmed with the scan tool.  It could be possible that the vehicle may have been manufactured during that time too.

So I was right01 galant, wont start - Page 2 -- posted image..  It could work but you have to use a Mitsubishi Scan Tool.  But you alredy are using a 556u so its not worth the hassle.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic