icon

jack finks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

I thought I should warn this forum of an incoming nuclear weapon. The mad scientist/car audio excentric known as Jfinks is about to unvail something only Dr. Frankinstein could think up. I promise you this will be nothing like anyone here has ever seen.

There is no such thing as free installation!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Drum Roll..................
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
enh... I've seen it all before. [:P] When Jack enters the world of "Isobarik loaded, Suffed transmission line" esoterica, THEN I'll believe it!
Yep, I'll be there tomorrow, with bells on!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
David, be ready for a differant playing field. lol
jfinks 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

jack finks -- posted image.

The Car is a'73 Karmann Ghia. This is looking through the dash. Just to the right of the steering wheel is the front tire. This is where the Dyn mid & tweets will go after I form a inner fender. The next pict I think will clearify it.

This picture move from the door to over the passenger fender. The green line on the left side running top to bottom is the base of the front windshield. The front drivers tire is center top and you can see where I have removed the current inner fender/trunk wall to create an open path. The board running across the trunk is a mock-up of a steel frame/brace that the center channel is going to be placed in. The drawn in line in the pattern for the brace. The brace needs to be open because the the right down in front of the spare tire in the nose Iam putting two 12w6's. The gas tank will be raised 3 inches along with the front beem.

This was the last concept. A Dyn dome Mid & Tweet, a 7" Mid Bass and a Dyn 10" was in the door (yes the windows did roll up and down BTW) The shinny metal is aluminum diamond plate.

Same array but now you are looking through the dash, though the trunk inner fender to the tire (yeah this one is a little out of focus). This will place my stage approxamately 12" past the front windshield. Usind a delay on the Dyn 7" mid-Bass will align them sonicly.

As I'm sure Bob will atest ,I have had more systems in the one car than any there people in a life time. I have been experimenting in this car for 27 years. I have finally decided to just go all the way and biuld in "In my minds eye" the utlimate Karmann Ghia which I am now calling "Karmann Finks".

It will be a truely street driven/daily driver. And BTW I have another 73 Ghia that all stock with the infamious Atou-Stick. And now my wife says I have to take her to breakfast so let the comments begin

tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

I am intrigued, to be sure.  (This is dave, BTW...)

...AND you want to go 200MPH in it?  [:)]  I will certainly be interested in seeing this as it progresses.  I love the idea of the Dynes, have always loved the Dynes.  I was dubious in the beginning, but I think I am starting to take Bob for his words:  "The world is ending."  Off your rocker, man!  I love it!  Thinking outside the butt, i mean BOX.

I am wondering (as is Bob) when the guys in the white truck are showing up with the straight-"jack"et, and the butterfly net.

jfinks 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

Well.. yes... 200MPH but I will pull the major stereo componet/wieght for the atemps. The two amp racks are/will be easily removeable...as in under 2 minutes each and the 12. which is a 100 plus pounds. I'm currently building my own molds for a carbin fiber hood and rear bonnett....OoO that off the stereo trail...

I'm on my way up there with Der Auto-Stick KG...

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

200mph in a Karmann Ghia?  Might as well shoot for 200db.  jack finks -- posted image.

Outstanding idea for a pure SQ/soundstage installation, by the way, but why didn't you go all the way and move the drivers into the boot area completely forward of the seats?  Too many "things" in the way to enable driving?

I love the smell of fiberglass in the morning...

Support the12volt.com
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sitting in my shop watching Hamfist and certified IASCA judge Jack Finks judge Dave's system with the IASCA test CD. Words like "goose bumps" and"unbelievable" are being tossed around. We are thinking about a road trip to San Diego for the soundoff. Anybody wanna go?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone teach the guy with the camera how to hold the camera still?

I'm feeling sick from looking at the "moving" pictures.jack finks -- posted image.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic