the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

jack finks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
I'm sitting in my shop watching Hamfist and certified IASCA judge Jack Finks judge Dave's system with the IASCA test CD. Words like "goose bumps" and"unbelievable" are being tossed around. We are thinking about a road trip to San Diego for the soundoff. Anybody wanna go?

I am not surprised and I told Dave to get his butt into the next Soundoff ASAP after I had the pleasure of sitting in that little Honda.

Support the12volt.com
jfinks 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
I said they were blurry...lol...and if your hand shook as bad as mine knowing that you just cut a car like this....
jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

In all seriousness I just stopped listening. I was jealious and wanted my car done....NOW. It was insparational and frustraiting all at the same time. I don't get to sit many cars that sound this good.

So do you guys want to see more pictures?

dpaton 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
jfinks wrote:
So do you guys want to see more pictures?
Where's the hell yes button?
This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:

tcss wrote:
I'm sitting in my shop watching Hamfist and certified IASCA judge Jack Finks judge Dave's system with the IASCA test CD. Words like "goose bumps" and"unbelievable" are being tossed around. We are thinking about a road trip to San Diego for the soundoff. Anybody wanna go?

I am not surprised and I told Dave to get his butt into the next Soundoff ASAP after I had the pleasure of sitting in that little Honda.

Screw just one, get yourself to a triple point event and get your invite to USACi finals, and be with me.   That way im not the only 12volt.com supporter there!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I'll be there if possible! My understanding is that it's a bit too late in the season to compete at an IASCA event, but Jack was mentionign something about an event in San Diego... Don't recall what it's name was.
I tried to look it up, but wasn't able to find anything... Bob? Jack? Any word on that one? 'Cause I'm still in for a road trip! Let me know what you come up with!
(I need just a little bit of time to finish the wires, too... jack finks - Page 2 -- posted image.)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
I love the smell of fiberglass in the morning...

Actually there is no planned fiberglass in this dash. I have spent the last 2 years learning how to form metal. When I'm done the fenders and dash will be all formed metal. But to get there I will shape expanded foam then form a Fiberglass mold to shape the metal to. Well thats the plan anyways. Ultimately the Dash will mostly be a curved peice of perferated metal...

jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
I tried to look it up, but wasn't able to find anything... Bob? Jack? Any word on that one? 'Cause I'm still in for a road trip! Let me know what you come up with!

Sorry but I got my wires crossed on the SD show. It was the finals next month. But in January the new season begins....

jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

dpaton wrote:
Where's the hell yes button?

This week end I'll post the current amp rack and battery area and the plans on where that is going.

OoO my Porsche front hubs just arived today...one more step closer to getting the front end moched up...

jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'm a week late but more pictures are on the way as soon as I finish resizing them...
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic