the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

batcap good or bad?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

Call this number  (615)287-7991 tell him what you have amps and vehicle wise, see what he can build. You need a bigger alt. then look into these weapons. We have installed quite a  few of them without issue to date.

digdug18 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

I do have a suggestion, but you might not like it.....Phoenix Gold is a Good company, but they use an older design for their amp technology. Instead of spending more money on your alt and a batcap and all that, why not switch to a more efficient amp? or actually amps. Im thinking Alpine PDX1000.1, or perhaps another digital amp, I believe the new rockford fosgate are digital as well, their more like 85%....

So you'd be using less actual amps to produce the same or more power.....Just my $.02

Andrew

mustang_pumpin 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  

Well I have what i have and I can't really afford to go out and get anything like a good high quality Rockford Amp or similar!!! So until i can afford a Rockford im gonna have to just do what i can for now!!  

If i was to buy say the Kinetik HC2400 power cell... would that help at all in any way or just a waste of money?

digdug18 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Its $250 for one of those, why, I'm giving you a solution. Use what you want, but dont bitch that you headlights are dimming, me and everyone else have sound ideas that you are turning down for one reason or another, mostly because your too cheap to buy higher quality products...

If you wanna play with the big boys you have to spend the money. A $150-$250 battery upgrade wont do anything to fix your problem, but I'm willing to bet that you will buy it anyway, the bitch that your still having the same problem......

Bottom line, either add another alt to your current system or a digital amplifier that would be more efficient and thus would draw less power. 

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Easy on the attitudes people. Please and thank you.
There is no such thing as free installation!
mustang_pumpin 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
digdug18 wrote:

Its $250 for one of those, why, I'm giving you a solution. Use what you want, but dont bitch that you headlights are dimming, me and everyone else have sound ideas that you are turning down for one reason or another, mostly because your too cheap to buy higher quality products...

If you wanna play with the big boys you have to spend the money. A $150-$250 battery upgrade wont do anything to fix your problem, but I'm willing to bet that you will buy it anyway, the bitch that your still having the same problem......

Bottom line, either add another alt to your current system or a digital amplifier that would be more efficient and thus would draw less power. 

Keep your rude unwanted comments to yourself.... I am asking for anyones thoughts and comments about this to help improve my knowledge.... i didnt ask for any rude remarks from someone that thinks they know it all!!!!!   

I dont recall me doing any bitching at all about anything.... I am simply asking questions, there is a difference between the 2 for your info since u seem to not know this!!

For your information PAL... what i have is among the higher quality products on the market!!! I just put over $2000 into my system and power charging system upgrades.... so just keep your mouth shut when u know nothing!!!!

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

When you do this it seems like you are yelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this how you want to percieved??????????????

To the other culprit. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, it is just that, an opinion. This sight does a great service to this industry, leave all attitudes at the door. Thank you.

There is no such thing as free installation!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic