icon

xcrs color/pinout wrong?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
technoweenie 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
According to all the manuals, the Pinout should be ..
PURPLE / GREEN/ RED / ORANGE / Pink/RED / Pink*WHITE/ Red*White
HOWEVER...
Mine is PURPLE / GREEN/ RED / ORANGE / RED / PINK/RED*WHITE/ PINK*WHITE
wth?
Do I follow the pinout, or the color code?
I'm thinking the pinout...
The two reds and the RED / white are fused...
according to the manual, red and RED / white are the inputs, and are fused, BUT, they're not in the right spot according to the pinouts..
This is an XCRS 500M from a Viper 771XV..
If it wasn't 5am, I'd be calling DEI and chewing them out...
Owner, Covert Vehicle Products, Specializing in Covert Emergency Vehicle Lighting, Communications, and Data Delivery Solutions.
xcrs color/pinout wrong? - Last Post -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

It's not 5 am now.... call em. Thats all you need is to have some smoke get out because of a printed error.

I put an Astro 5204 in my kids Scion. Wouldn't start. Had to call tech with the flashing code#. The units come PRE-PROGRAMED for manual trans. The install manual I had was

from an older unit....NOT pre-programmed. Needless to say..... anything can happen if it's in print!

It could be a simple wire color ONLY difference. Astro had an issue like that years ago. When the problem was caught, they started sending out little warning tags about the color diff.

I would follow the pin out.

technoweenie 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I called DEI, they gave no explanation for why 'they' soldered the wrong color wires in place...
I'm bout halfway done, I'm following the diagram pinout and ignoring the wire color codes per DEI's advice..
I'm glad I work for an authorized DEI dealer, when I called in as a customer they wouldn't help me AT ALL, and told me to take it back from where I bought it and get a new one...
Owner, Covert Vehicle Products, Specializing in Covert Emergency Vehicle Lighting, Communications, and Data Delivery Solutions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic