icon

2003 crv, karr 4040a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crwoosley 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a 2003 CRV. It has the Immobilizer system in it(factory) and the Karr 4040a alarm(I'm assuming it was dealer installed since I bought the car used). I've been trying to add on a remote start system to the vehicle(Galaxy 2000RS) and I have the folowing problems.
1. The Galaxy remote will unlock the doors but it won't disarm the Karr 4040a, which in turn, then sets off the siren. Yet, when I lock the doors with the Galaxy remote, the Karr 4040a arms. Any suggestions as to why?
2. In the process of trying to troubleshoot, I have an intermitant working/not working driver side door lock. I've checked the signals all the way to the plugs on the lock motor and they are all as should be. I'v even checked them with using the lock/unlock switch on the door and all is good. Any help...It's driving me nuts and costing me lots of time.
Thanks....cool forum.
Clay
crwoosley
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

If you have enough skill to do this install...... I would say, remove the karr 4040 and get rid of the galaxy piece, then get your self a "combo" unit.

Getting these 2 units to work in sync could be a continuing problem. There are plenty on this site that will disagree.   ME, I say "why have two componanats, do the job of one" A bit more intial cost, but a

far cleaner install when done!

SO on your second question....  your intermitant problem... it occurs only with the transmitter? You have checked the signal with a meter. Have you checked the connection at the individual wires?

crwoosley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
This problem persists using either the remote or the actual door lock. I have removed the door panel and checked the wires at plugs with a meter. Everything checks out. I have a hard time believeing its the lock motor that is going in and out of operation, but at the same time, if the signals are there, maybe the motor really is the problem. On the flip side, could it be a current limiting problem? If the motor isn't getting the current it needs due to a bad relay contact, etc., I think this problem would occur.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Clay
crwoosley
crwoosley 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Also, just to confirm.... the trigerring pulse to arm and disarm the Karr alarm is coming from the lock/unlock pulse wires on the car, correct? I'm basically assuming there's not a dedicated "Arm/Disarm" port on the Karr alarm.
Clay
crwoosley
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

crwoosley wrote:
This problem persists using either the remote or the actual door lock. I have removed the door panel and checked the wires at plugs with a meter. Everything checks out. I have a hard time believeing its the lock motor that is going in and out of operation, but at the same time, if the signals are there, maybe the motor really is the problem. On the flip side, could it be a current limiting problem? If the motor isn't getting the current it needs due to a bad relay contact, etc., I think this problem would occur.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Clay

Yes.... the problem occuring with or without using the keyless entry, points towards the car itself.

I would get the door panal off and do an inspection of sorts. Since you have the problem with the transmitter, I believe that would rule out the switch on the door.

I am not familiar with the inside of your door, but I would think it's kind of "standard Honda" Look for the actuator and get your hands on it. Some one might have een into the

door before, if you purchased the car used. It might be as simple as a loose conection AT the actuator. Try REAL hard to duplicate the problem with the door panal off.

You might also have a relay problem.... see if you can find the relays in the car that control the locks. You would want to hear the relay click, and the locks NOT work.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

It can't be the lock relay; in UK cars control relay is in the driver's door, you take WHITE/ red motor lock wire and yellow/red motor unlock wire and "5 wire" them as hey leave the relay unit. Since the drivers door lock is physically nearer to this unit than the others, forget current limitations (that circuit is good to draw 15-17 amps), and the relay unit,it's got to  be driver's door motor. Are your solder joints to the yellow/red wires OK.

It just came to me that the European CRV is made here and the US version over in the States. BUT I'm pretty sure that even if the lock control module isn't in the driver's door anymore, the same logic applies it's got to be the motor!

youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
The Karr 4040A Arms & Disarms according to inputs from the Driver's Door Lock Motor Wires and disarms according to the unlock motor wires. If your Driver's Door Lock Actuator is not engaging when unlocking your vehicle then the alarm is not seeing the pulse it needs to disarm.
If I'm not being very clear, reply back and I'll try to be more specific.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic