the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

jl audio factory tour

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.  Check these pictures out:

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/199

Those Gotham enclosures are absolutely crazy.  1 month build time?  Copper mesh infused in the enclosure for shielding?  Man that's a crazy sub.jl audio factory tour -- posted image.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  

Incredible stuff. The checking and re-checking of components is impressive and reassuring, as well as testing outsourced parts for accuracy.

I very curious to hear those new sub systems. I really do have a different view of JL, after a few photos. Goes to show that there are still a few comapnies out with compassionate owners and workers.

ceeniser 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
that jl audio lab is crazy. i am glad taht i made the right choice to get the jl audio brand
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

I'm amazed they let people take as many pictures that they did.  I work in a manufacturing facility and we would never, under any circumstance, allow anyone outside of the company to take pictures of our warehouse, let alone our process.  I guess they have nothing to hide!

It does look like an amazing operation, and that must be a huge building.  It appears there are quite a few different areas for manufacturing.

Very impressive!

Kevin Pierson
1883atlantics 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

Each Gotham requires a new $200 CNC drill bit to cut out the 1 inch thick fiberglas enclosure. That's sick.

Gothams are finally shipping. For only $11,000 you too can own a small earthquake machine!

Jeff

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i was looking through that last night....those Gotham enclosures are crazy...that is some thick *** fiberglass.
I bet you could drop one of those enclosures off a 10 story building and it wouldn't break lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic