icon

viper 791xv adding 506t, 508d, 2nd shock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akamacc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I have collected a lot of information from here about adding components to my car alarm. I just need to be positive about adding a second shock sensor, I have a Blazer so I wanna add another shock sensor to the trunk. Now can I just connect it to the other shock sensor (tape wires to matching wires) or do I have to add a diode or what?
Also I'm adding add a 506t & a 508d and I want the 508d to be zone 2 (blue wire from 4-pin harness). The 506t I'm gonna hook up to the multiplexed input, zone 4 & then the 2 shock sensors to the zone 4 green wire (in the 4-pin harness). Will that work? thxs for any help appreciate it.
akamacc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
akamacc wrote:
Hello, I have collected a lot of information from here about adding components to my car alarm. I just need to be positive about adding a second shock sensor, I have a Blazer so I wanna add another shock sensor to the trunk. Now can I just connect it to the other shock sensor (tape wires to matching wires) or do I have to add a diode or what?
Also I'm adding add a 506t & a 508d and I want the 508d to be zone 2 (blue wire from 4-pin harness). The 506t I'm gonna hook up to the multiplexed input, zone 4 & then the 2 shock sensors to the zone 4 green wire (in the 4-pin harness). Will that work? thxs for any help appreciate it.
So basically I'm asking does the main shock sensor have to be zone 2 or can in be zone 4 cause it really suck. I would rather have the proximity radar be zone 2, will that screw anything up?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
You can have any sensor be any zone you want. The blue and green wire in the shock sensor harness will show up as zone '1' and '2' on the display. The multiplexed input will flash either the icon for the hood, trunk or both when triggered. That setting can be changed from the remote.
I would recommend diode isolating sensors that trigger the same input.
akamacc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
k, thxs. I hooked up the second shock sensor without a diode and its seems to be working just fine. I don't wanna break anything so what type/amp diode should I use and what wire should I hook it up to? I'm thinking the blue one but just checking. thxs again for your help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yes to the blue, 1N 4000 series, bar side away from alarm.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
1N4001
and
Why
CapSS92 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely add a diode. Even though it works better to not take a chance.
akamacc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
k, will do. now last question. Again thanks for this much help! k so I'm adding three sensor, I have the 2 shocks sensor running from the same positive of the 4-pin harness (red wire). Now I read not to run multiple sensors from those wires. So what wire can I hook it up to for constant positive or do I gotta run a new wire (I'm thinking of attaching it to my car stereos constant positive) will that work? The glass breaker sensor and the proximity sensor running form the constant power from my cd player since thats where I'm gonna be placing the breakage sensor. Thanks again for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic