icon

2005 dodge caravan, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
henrylfair 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Any one know the easiest place to add my starter kill switch i got the wire to the alrm hooked up and the 12 volts ign now i have to heavy guage green wire were should i make their connect
Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

My remote start dont have a second starter wire i have five they are

1. Starter output (+)  2. Accessory Output (+)  3. Ignition Output (+) 4. Second Ignition  (+) 5. Main Power (+)

Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks for the info inserted key and restart the vehicle but instaed of car turning off right a way it turns off after about10 seconds
Henry Fair
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

help us to help you, pls provide info on your rs/alm unit so we can figure out the problems you encountered.

yup, you need to hook up the neg starter thru an 180 ohms resistor. Connect 85 to groundout wire from rs/alm unit,  86 to starter wire, 30 to ground and then 87 ground thru 180 ohms resistor.

henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i put start kill switch i meant starter kill relay
Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

The Alarm is a Nitro model #BMW X433

I have hooked up the following wires

remote starter module: 1. starter output (+) Yellow Wire   2. Accessory (+) not used because not required for remote state 3. Ignition Output (+) Pink /White Wire  4. Second Idnition output (+) Not used N/A  5. Main Power at ignition Lt.Blue/Red wire

Secondary Harness for remote start : 1. (-) 200ma bypass output when remote start . connect this wire to the interface of remote start bypass module (Did not use this wire) 2. diesel wait to start input (+) cut not used Gasoline engine 3. (+) oil sensor or generator Cut did not use info said to use this or tach wire 4.Tachometer input or high voltage sensing conneted to the blue and tan wire at distributor

Primary Harness: 1. Siren output (+) connect to plus side of siren 2. parking lights (+) connected to pin 18 on c5 at the bcm 3: unlock #87a Normally closed Cut not used 4. unlock #30 common (output) connected to white connector  pin 21 thru 2.0 ohm resistor 5. unlock #87 nomally open (input) connected chassic ground 6. lock #87a normally closed cut not to used 7. Lock #30 common (output) connected to white connector pin 21 thru 5.6 ohm resistor 8. lock #87 normally open (input) chassic ground 9. constant 12+ connect to constant supply at top connect bcm 10. System hooked to battery negitive ground

secondary harness for outputs

1. Armed output (-) 500ma ground output while alarm is armed to activate relay hooked up to 85 of starter kill relay 2. second unlock (passenger unlock) output (-)200ma two stage door unlock  did not hook up 3. Auxiliary channel 5 output (-) 200ma not used 4. auxiliary 4 output (-) 500ma for windows module not used 5. dome light output (-) connected to dome supervisory white connector pin 33 (should i hook it to door trigger) 6. trunk release not  used (note starter kill relay is not hooked to starter wires yet just have 30 and 87a connected together into rest of alarm is fully working)

Harness for inputs and outputs

1. Factory disarm output (-) 500ma  not connect  2. Factory rearm output (-) not connected 3. optional sensor input (-) 4. hood pin input (-) not connect no hood pin in vehicle 5. brake input (+) connected to WHITE/ tan at brake pedal switch 6.negitive door input (-) not connected

hope that info you wanted if not just tell me thank you

Henry Fair
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

Secondary Harness for remote start : 1. (-) 200ma bypass output when remote start . connect this wire to the interface of remote start bypass module...... use this wire to hook up a relay for the 2nd starter wire (-) see below :

Connect 85 to above (-) 200ma bypass output,  86 to starter wire, 30 to ground and then 87 ground thru 180 ohms resistor.

4.Tachometer input or high voltage sensing conneted to the blue and tan wire at distributor. Look like the tach is hooked up to the right wire. I never use that Nitro rs/alm so I can tell how the tach is programmed. If you want then pm me, see if i can sort out for u.

henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
are you talking about the starter kill relay or 2 different relays
Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

Is this the correct way to hook up my starter kill relay to the second starter wire the first or second diagram which is the correct one also do i also hook up the Secondary Harness for remote start : 1. (-) 200ma bypass output when remote start to this relay or a second relay

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#sk1

Henry Fair
henrylfair 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am doing the following setup to relay but my relay harness has five wire and i am only using four do i just remove 5th wire or join to one of the other wires

Connect 85 to groundout wire from rs/alm unit,  86 to starter wire, 30 to ground and then 87 ground thru 180 ohms resistor

Henry Fair
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic