the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

pkf3 wont program on 93 ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Omega IB-F3 (same as PKF3 as far as I can tell)and I can get it to program. The LED never turns on when i put the keys in and turn to on. I have tried switching the wires going to the RX and TX wires, but still nothing. I do get the LED to flash 2 times slowly after completing the programming sequence, but the Theft light just flashes and it doesn't work. I have tried resetting the module by turning the ignition on and holding the reset button while I plug in the unit, but that doesn't seem to help.
Anyone have any suggestions of what to try next besides trying another unit, since I don't have one.
Thanks
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
imma assume thats a typo and should be 03 Ranger
install manual for PKF3
Type C
what is your install procedure say? (hopefully its the same as bypasskit)
How did you wire up the other wires beside the TX and RX. I recommend using the same ignition and ground as the diagram.
Im still using the PKU-F2 (which is programming a new key), so im not sure.
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
LOL. Yep that was a typo. its an 03.
I have the Ignition and Ground wires at the same place as the RS wires are connected.
The manual for the omega bypass I am using is exactly the same except for the omega wire harness has more wires that are not being used.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
red= 12v CONSTANT not ignition, constant.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
you have more wires than a PKF3 and a reset button,
than its not a PKF3, its most likely a PKF2 (PKF3 doesnt have a reset button)
PKF2 install manual
if you have the same amount of wires and looks similar to the PKF2, that could be the problem.
jrilla 
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Omega bypass module. The paper manual calls it a IB-F3, but the sticker on the box calls itself a PKF-3. The manual is a hybrid of a Bypasskit.com PKF-3 (programming instructions) and the bypasskit.com PKF-2 (wire harness description) and I do have a reset button, although it bothers me that my manal does not tell me how to reset the module.
Either Omega screwed up and I have a PKF2 (which does not work for a 03 Ranger), or I have a bad unit.
Thanks for the replies everyone.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
PKF3 is easy.
red   constant
black ground
brown ground while running
green tx
pink   rx
tx-WHITE/ green
rx- grey/orange.
here's how I program them (do a reset first, once you have it wired correctly, hold the programming button while plugging in the module, LED will come on solid then shut off, reset complete)
LED should flash when the unit is doing nothing, much like the dash light.
back to programming, key 1 on for 5 seconds, remove, key 2 on until light on dash goes out, remove key and then remote start vehicle (if vehicle is standard ground brown wire and jump power over to ignition, you have about 5 seconds ro so do do this).
if auto the truck will just crank on the first remote start attempt, this is normal.
Remote start again right away and all will be good.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
jrilla 
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks extreme1, that did it. My manual says ignition for red so thats what I was doing wrong. I like that method of programming better too. I'm glad you said it wouldn't start the first time, I'm sure that saved me some headache.
Thanks again everyone who replied.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic