kicker vs. mtx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extacy 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

Id agree with haemphyst on this one.

Couple of weeks ago ... I was out buying a sub, entry level but tried some brands.

Tried the RF P1 n P2, Kicker Comp , JL W1v2 and a W3.

The Comp was the loudest ... the P1 n P2 were less loud but kinda liked its quality. Then put in the JL W1v2 and it wasnt loud at all if you compared to the Kicker ... but sooo darn nice to listen to. There was this used W3 lying around so got that instead (cost me much less than a W1v2 so I was happy lol) after less than a minute of listening.

jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
jvillefinest wrote:
also lets remember that Kicker did win world finals in SQ
What he MEANT to say was: lets also remember that Kicker did buy world finals in SQ
ROFL!
Basically, all I am saying is that I am still just a bit dubious of the "win". As many Kicker systems as I have actually heard, I've never heard one actually sound "good". The "Kicker Signature" to me is overblown, bass-heavy, wooly, peaky, and SPL driven... But that's just me. (Or is it?)

no im def with you...and if it was ever possible for my jaw to hit the ground when i read they won, that would have been the time for it to do it. it just further proves that install (money) can take average equipement and make them do incredible things.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

Are those the only one's that your able to get those discounts on?  If so a good x-over can go along ways along with good placement. Ya may not be able to win a lot of SQ comps but if your happy with the way it sounds that is all that really matters. In that case I would get the MTX equipment.

Just enjoy what you have sometimes people for get about that. kicker vs. mtx - Page 2 -- posted image.

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I used to own two Kicker Comp 10's and they did have a lot of sound come out of them run off a Power Acoustik 400 watt amp. I then had a Pioneer 2 ch amp rated at 600 peak at 2 ohms total running four 12 inch MA Audio kinda cheap sub woofers and those banged pretty good for the cost. They probably sounded better because the Pioneer amp had a pretty clean signal to noise ratio, THD of 0.008.
MTX isn't too bad. I had the silver coned subs in the triple box at one time. I think the less expensive MA Audio subs had more bang for the buck. That's just my opinion.
wildcatjay 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have decided to go with 2 x 10 inch kicker cvx's and two 2500.1 class d mono block amps by kicker If any one has any good sq box specs for the 10 inch cvx please post or e-mail me  and for my mids and highs I will be using polk audio...   75% off of polk also :) and an eclipse head unit with 3 sets of 8 volt pre outs
OK So Im new at this work with me
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
why do you need two 2500.1s for two 10 inch CVXs???
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic