icon

2003 eclipse, viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
menaztricks 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just got my viper 5900 today that is going to be installed on a 2003 eclipse. I was going to pay for the install, but after reading about stealth installs, seems like I'll be doing it myself, I really like the idea of not having the alarm and all its wiring just sitting under my steering wheel which is where they will put it.
If anybody has access to directechs and can send me any kind of information (wiring diagrams, etc..) thats on there about installing this alarm in my car, that would be appreciated.
It has remote start, which I wont be doing yet, but I want to make sure I get all the right parts for what I plan on doing.
1 First getting the basic alarm install done with the shock sensor.
2 Allowing it to lock and unlock my power door locks.
3 Adding a tilt and microwave sensor
3 Finally, adding the remote start (wont be for a couple months but I want to have the parts ready)
So far the parts I think I need based on my research are:
556uw immobilizer bypass (im not 100% sure about this one)
520t alarm backup battery
508d radar sensor
507m tilt sensor
451m door lock relay
Anything else?
Thanks in advance
cwwlv 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
u can access directechs if u swear at the pass word like donut hole ect
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
The Search Button
The search button is your best bet for you.
What specifically do you need? (aside from the questions and answers from those previous post)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
menaztricks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
I did use search, thats how I came up with most of that parts list. I just want to be 100% sure thats exactly what I need for what I am trying to do. Theres a wiring diagram for a 2002 eclipse on the site, was hoping to compare it to compare it to anything on directechs for a 2003, make sure nothing has changed.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
My mistake, should have told you theres a slight change in wiring color for the 2003-2005 (cant use the 2000-2002)
2004 directechs diagram, EXACT as 2003
concept wise, (ex, wiring clutch), is the should be same, might be a different color.
menaztricks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that helps a lot.
What is 5wi? I see that a few times in that diagram.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Over hear in the real world it's called a relay (circuit) interrupt, in the obvious example you want to apply pos to a motor wire but it's sitting on neg at rest, thus applying a pos to that would at the least blow a fuse, thus the wire is cut, output side (to motor) goes to 30, which at rest is joined to 87a, thus input side is joined to 87a. If you want to feed in a pos source (in fact it doesn't matter pos or neg, in this example it's pos) that goes to 87.  If your trigger is pos, join it to 86, and ground 85. If your trigger is neg (more common) join to 85 and 12V+ to 86
menaztricks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Is this something that needs to be done for each door and the trunk? Lock motor, Unlock Motor, Disarm Defeat, and trunk release are all marked as 5wi.
Disarm defeat I believe is the wire that unlocks the passenger side door after a 2nd press of the unlock button. Am I right?
menaztricks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
New problem, I started locating all the wires this morning. I was doing fine until I came to the wires coming out of the ETACS ECU, I found the ETACS no problem, its right behind the fuses but it only has 3 harnesses coming out of it, both are 24 pins each. Reading the wiring the diagram, I first try to find pin 22 which is a GREEN/ red wire at pin 22, well, I find a GREEN/ red wire, and its not on pin 22. Now I try to find the trunk/hatch pin, but thats supposed to be located on pin 62, there arent 62 pins coming out of there! Its supposed to be pin 37 on spyders (i have a coupe) but even so, pin 37 isnt anywhere near a red wire.
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
the best and only way in my opinion is to use a meter and test all of the wires that you need to hook up since diagrams are not always correct. but anyways the easiest way to find the trunk pin if you are having difficulties finding it under the dash is to go to the source. if you have a light in your trunk then just wire into that (either neg or positive whichever the alarm needs)
also you are able to get a stealth install done at a shop. I know that around here any of the reputable shops do stealth installs and the plus is that if a "professional" does it for you then it will have a lifetime guarantee on the install(once again any reputable shop) just some food for thought.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic