icon

avital 4400 remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlspitler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
ok i had my avital 4400 deo product installed today. and teh one featured i wanted was to have my truck start while i was sleeping. and tehy said it had that feature. they said i could program it to start at a certain time. and they told me thatthey would rather me learn it and it was all in teh manual beacuse i would learn it better then for tehm to teach me. but in teh manual it doesn't say anything about programing to start only a 24 hour feature that starts it every 24 hours and every 3 hours and if teh inside temp falls below 0 degrees. so if anyone has any ideas please let me know or did they just sell me something to make a some money. thanks.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 15, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have only put a couple of those systems in, and to my knowledge this is not a feature of that system. I believe DEI sells an external device that is a clock that has a negative trigger output that you can program to turn on the RS. Again, I might be wrong here, but after looking through the manuals for that system I did not see any feature like you are describing. The remote has an alarm clock but nothing I can see that would start the vehicle with that alarm.
Not to sound negative, but if anyone sold me anything then told me that I would have to 'learn it myself' for better retention I would have a fit. It is the shop's job to explain EVERY feature of a system to the customer so that they have a complete understanding of what they purchased!
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jlspitler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
know what can i do. can i go back and tell them to uninstall it and refund my money. how do these radio shops work. because if you are right and it doesn't have it. i will be really unhappy. or put a rs in that does that and not to charge me extra for it. he said that all f them are able to be programmed. and i was spefic about what i wanted. thanks for teh fast reply. jason
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I would definately go back and complain. THey should either pull it out for free and refund your money or install a rs which does do what you want. This is the main reason why I always confirm everything with the customer before the install begins because I have had numerous times where the sales guy has promised things which simply cannot be done(ie your exact problem) Go back sooner then later also and like everything if you do not get an answer that you feel is adequate start going up the chain and talk to the managers.
rtl402 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
1) Any big box store should have a bitwriter available in the shop where they can program something like that really easily (if available in the unit) and should never tell you to learn something on your own.
2) Private shops hire installers that work fast, not necessarily best quality work, they just want to make money as fast as possible (at least thats how it seems to be around here)
3) If you browse the manual I dont believe the 4400 has that feature.. i do believe the viper 791 has it, of course that does come with a much heavier price tag..
4) spelling check might be in order also :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic