icon

07 mustang, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckydawg003 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I just got my alarm today, I will be installing it tomorrow with one of my installers help on my 07 mustang. I got the python 990 alarm, r/s, 513t mini piezo siren(very loud), 556sw r/s bypass coded, and 689m neutral bypass for r/s. Are their any wires I can connect and solder today to help set up for the install tomorrow. I'm curious how all these wires connect to each other or do they just connect to wires in the car? Thanks
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Where should I mount my blue led light? I am thinking about putting it in the defroster opening above the driver ac vent. I don't want to drill a hole in my car so when I sell it, I don't have to buy a new light bezel thing.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Isn't there a switch blank adjacent to the radio? you can access it from the glovebox area.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
No on my car I don't have any available switch blanks above the radio. I might just not install the light since their isn't a good place to put it.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I have been working on this alarm for two days straight and still not close to being done. I'm doing it pretty much on my own with some help when I get stuck from some of the installers. Today I tied all the wires together on my brain. I mounted the siren in the engine bay, put the brain in the car, mounted the led and antenna, and started to run the wires to where they need to be. I also stripped some wires and tested them to make sure they were the right wires. I tied all 3 of the red power wires together and was planning on tying them to the 12v constant wire. But someone said I should run a fused line to the battery. I would rather keep everything in the car so a thief can't just pop my hood and take out the fuse and then he can take his time stealing my car. Also what wires do I have to use a resistor for? I'm still unclear what else I need to do.Thanks
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2007 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
ive always used the 12v from the ignition and never had a problem
(some stores require that the installers run a separate 12v from the battery)
No resistor required, the resistor pack that DEI included is for the 451m just in case the car requires it. Just save it.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Just wondering if it would hurt anything if I connected every wire to something in my car. I have a python 990 alarm r/s 07 mustang. I think I am gonna pull my wires and rerun them to the sjb just so all the wires are together and neater. Can I hook up the factory arm, disarm if I don't have a factory alarm..will it do anything if I do or don't? With cutting the starter wire in half for the r/s will this make the car not start if my alarm isn't on or getting power or what?
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I need two relays for my alarm r/s. One for the trunk release and one for the trunk pin to change its polarity.I am using the 451m that came with my alarm as a relay for my trunk release. The trunk release is a -RED / white wire from alarm brain,-WHITE/ violet on my car. So how do I set up the relay for it?
For the Trunk Pin Relay...alarm is -blue, car is +WHITE/ yellow. How do I set that up to change the polarity? I have a 4 pin relay and the 451m 5 wire relay. Diagrams would greatly help me out. Thanks
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have two relays for my alarm r/s. One is the 451m that came with my python 990 alarm and another is a 4 pin relay from radio shack. One for the trunk release and one for the trunk pin to change its polarity. I am using the 4 pin relay for my trunk release. The trunk release is a -RED / white wire from alarm brain,-WHITE/ violet on my car. So how do I set up the relay for it?
For the Trunk Pin Relay I will use the 451m which has like 8 wires coming out of it. Alarm is -blue, car is +WHITE/ yellow. How do I set that up to change the polarity? Diagrams would greatly help me out. This is for a 07 mustang. Thanks
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
I am thinking about using the 451m that came with my alarm as a relay for my Trunk pin. It has 8 wires coming out of it. I need it to hook up to -blue(trunk pin from alarm brain) and +WHITE/ yellow(car trunk pin) Any ideas?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic