the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 mustang, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
the 451m can be used as 2 seperate relays (I use them quite often on chrysler/dodge vans for parklights as well as 2nd start). The violet/black(87), GREEN/ black(30), and WHITE/ black(87a) are controlled with the red (85) and green (86) small gauge wires. While the violet(87), blue/black (87), and BROWN / black(87a) are controlled by the red(common 85) and blue(86). I am pretty sure on the actual relay pins, but they could be wrong. If so, the only thing that would be wrong are the 87 and 30 may be switched. HTH
For your trunk pop, hook up the violet/black fused connection (keep violet and violet/black connected at the fuse) to 12v, blue/black to your trunk release wire in the vehicle(+), red to 12v, and blue to the brain's trunk release output (-)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. Quick ? I already hooked it up today a different way. Someone from the circuit city forums told me to hook it up this way. Can you tell me if he's right or wrong? I don't know who's right? He said use small red to (+)WHITE/ yellow car trunk pin. small blue and Large purple's to ground. Large blue to alarms (-) blue. I really only needed this relay to change the polarity on the car side from a (+) to a (-). I work at Circuit City too as a Mobile salesman store 0571 Tampa Fl.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a couple ways to hook up the 471m to the trunk pin to change its polarity. Small red to (+)WHITE/ yellow trunk pin. Small blue and Large Purple to ground. Large blue/black to alarms (-)blue.
OR...
small red and purple to 12v. Large blue/black to (+)WHITE/ yellow. small blue to (-)blue alarm. Please let me know if I am wrong.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Oh... sorry. I thought u were trying to use it as a trunk release, not trunk pin. If you need it for switching voltage to trigger the alarm when the trunk is open, then the diagram he gave you is correct. Sorry for the mis-information... i should learn how to read things first.. lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished my alarm, python 990. Led will blink 3 times, pause, then blink 1 time, pause, then repeat, is their something I forgot to setup or what? It stays on even when I start the car and drive, its very annoying. Any ideas?
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Check the ignition wire for proper connection?
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
So even if I don't have the R/S hooked up I still have to have the ignition wire hooked up? Guess thats the problem lol.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Now I want to hook up dome light supervision..guess what I need another relay. This is getting annoying. I will have used 3 relays and a 10k resistor on my alarm by the time I'm done. Does every alarm usually take like 3-5 relays?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
From the remote start ribbon you must connect the yellow wire to ignition.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Basically, the alarm is flashing you the zone that was violated.  It will do this until the ignition is turned on.  If you don't have the ignition wire tapped then it will never reset, ever!
Kevin Pierson
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic