Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
brain trunk trigger is -blue, the hood pin was a -gray wire
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  

Have you used factory hood switch? This sits on ground when shut and open circuit when hood lifted; you will need to fit another switch. I believe the trunk switch is pos, you will need to flip the polarity to neg (Check these two)

07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't use the factory hood switch. I connected the alarms -gray wire directly to my pin switch under my hood.
I already used a relay for the trunk pin/trigger alarm was -blue connected to cars +WHITE/ yellow(I used the 451m relay for this. Small red to +WHITE/ yellow in car, Small blue and Large purple to ground, Large blue to Alarms -blue.)
I also used a relay for trunk release, but don't remember how I hooked it up. car side was -WHITE/ violet, alarm was -RED / white.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Never mind, I had it set up wrong on my lcd remote pager settings. I had it set to say trunk and hood were open, instead of just trunk. So everything works now. Thanks for the help.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have another ? about my trunk release wires. I just disconnected the relay and touched the two wires together for trunk release and it works. Would their be any problem with just connecting these wires, or do I really need to keep them on the relay? Does it need the relay to prevent falsing?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up my dome light supervision to a relay, but the lights only work sometimes. I have a 12v constant source tied to a 10k resistor on the dome light wire in the car(to prevent falsing, I also used it as my door trigger) Would this be causing it to work sometimes and fail most of the time?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I just tried using a relay for the door trigger. I hooked it up like this 86 to (driver door pin GREEN/ black), 85 to 12v, 87 to ground, 30 to -green alarm door trigger wire. When I had the door closed it paged me that it was open. When I opened the door it said it was closed. Any Ideas? I really need to get this alarm working. The door pin doesn't work and the domelight supervision doesn't work right either. Please help me out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Check the door trigger initially, see that it goes to ground only on opening the door; if thats OK then you are looking at an alarm problem or something is touching ground on your alarm. Relay is correctly wired but not needed, try a diode between your wgreen wiring connection and the CPU in R/H kickwell with stripe on (1N4001) facing the connection. 
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I just disconnected the dome light relay cause it doesn't work right(I think because my car has a delay in the domelights)
With the two individual door triggers I hooked both of them up to the relay. But they don't work. Keeps paging door is open when its actually closed, and says closed when both doors are open. I used driver door +GREEN/ black pass door +YELLOW /GREEN. They are positive cause when doors are closed they are at 0 and when the door opens they go to 12v. Any ideas, maybe I need to hook up the relay differently since they are + and not negative like the dome super wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
If they are positive, join them via diodes, band towards alarm diode type 1N4001 and join to alarm's PURPLE wire. 
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic