icon

07 mustang, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Still not working: I'm starting to get wized off with this stupid car. I cut both door trigger wires. Put a diode inline with each of them, then another diode to the alarm positive door trigger. First I had the bands facing the door trigger(not the bcm end) and the alarm diode band facing the door trigger side of the other diode. Didn't work, it kept my radio on when I opened the door and didn't show anything with door open or closed on the alarm. I retested these wires. They are at 5.6v closed and 11.6v open on vdc mode of my voltmeter. (they are normally close type, rest at ground with door closed, and go to open circuit with door open)
then I switched the diodes to face the other way, with the band facing the bcm and that didn't do anything on the alarm, it also gave me door ajar warnings when I started the car. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

i saw a chart and it states that you need 2 1a diodes and 2 1/4w & 47kohm resistors.  Tag both wires and diode isolate them to connect to positive door trigger which is purple. Do not put wire in between trigger but put it between wire that connects to alarm.  Now, before the diode is in place you would connect a wire to 12v and tag that one to the door triggers and between it you put a 47kohm resistor for both wires and you should be done.

07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
The resistor was used when I first had it hooked up to cars dome super wire. I used a 10k resistor, one end to 12v constant and other to car dome super wire. It worked but the resistor broke, and made my alarm go off every 20 mins. so I was looking for a better way to hook it up. I tried relays, and today tried double diode isolation. Neither worked. I had it hooked up the way you said to the dome super wire. That worked. But when I tried hooking up the two individual door triggers nothing works. Maybe they aren't the right wires or something. Door open it goes to 11.6volts and door closed stays at about 5.6 to 3.9volts. Maybe my delay on the dome light staying on is messing it up or something.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
read my edit post above
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
How did you edit, this site won't let me edit my posts?
Anyways I used 1n5406 diodes, its what my installers gave me, not sure if they are too big or not? Also I did use the positive purple wire from the alarm to the cars door triggers, which I think are positive, but not to sure since every time I test them the voltage changes.
I don't think I want to use diodes and resistors, if anything I will just go back to the one 10k resistor on the dome light super wire and use the -green alarm trigger wire.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
07mustanggt wrote:
I don't think I want to use diodes and resistors, if anything I will just go back to the one 10k resistor on the dome light super wire and use the -green alarm trigger wire.
What makes you think this will work?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have a feeling we are running around in circles here; the 10k is an old trick to smooth out the surge from CPU's waking up, its long been superceeded by the 1070 diode trick, the diodes as I stated in an earlier post  should have been 1N 4001 not 1N5401, WHERE DID YOU PICK UP YOUR DOOR CONTACTS?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I know the 10k resistor works because thats how I first had it set up. Until the resistor broke and made my alarm go off every 20 mins. So I am looking for a better solution here.
The door triggers I used are driver door lt.GREEN/ black at sjb black 26 pin plug, pin 2   Pass door yellow/lt.green at sjb black 26 pin 6.
I just hooked up the alarm purple wire to the driver door wire without a diode or anything..just directly connected it, and it seems to be working with the alarm not going off every 20. I will test hooking up another wire to both door wires and see if it still works. If not I just got some 1n4001 diodes at work today and will use those if the other way doesn't work.
Also with my dome super relay. When I arm my alarm the dome lights stay on for a delay of 20 seconds...is their a way to get them to shut off at arm, also most of the time they don't even turn on when I unlock my alarm. Any ideas?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Today I finished the install. I used 2-1n4001 diodes with the bands facing the +alarm door trigger wire. The other two ends connected to the individual car door triggers. The alarm works great with no falsing at all.
The domelight super relay works about 25% of the time, not sure what's up with it, maybe my mustangs delay messes with it turning on and off.
Thanks for all the help guys, I definitely couldn't have done the install without your guys help.
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic