2004 malibu remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbjoe 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
jredecop wrote:
wow, so i need a version 12 at least? you have a wiring diagram?
Go to this siteand select vehicle wiring diagrams and then Chevrolet then 2004-2006 Malibu. I use this site quite a bit just to verify what my two other diagram programs are telling me. I'd give you a page from one of them, but they won't let me copy and paste anything.
jredecop 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  

Thats the one I always use too. Guess that brings me to another question, the ignition delay timer confuses me, how is this any different that just hooking up the remote start ignition directly to the cars ignition and not using a relay? Where does the red wire go?

2004 malibu remote start issues - Page 2 -- posted image.

tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't hook up the ignition delay timer. Not sure what good it would do, you are only delaying the power going to the ignition wire by however long it takes the coil on the relay to energize.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

thats what i thought. thanks for all your help and sorry for all the question, but I have one more, on the can sl2 install manual it shows this

2004 malibu remote start issues - Page 2 -- posted image.

where is says ground out, is the the ground while running wire from the remote start? Did you do it? Whats the purpose, thanks again

tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, connect it to the out when running wire.
Not really sure why you need to do it, but if I had to guess, I would say that it is to mimic what the vehicle's system does while it is being started.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Well i "tried" my install today, no luck. Hooked everything up and tried to program the cansl2 and when I would turn the key over, the red light would never blink, just stay red. I tried a few times and nothing. Tried to remote start and the car would start up a few times and die, guess cause the module not working. But 90 % of the time, it would not even engage the starter. Does this all have to do with the cansl2, do I have a bad module? It's version 1.6. I have checked all my connections, all looks good. Accessory drop relay is doing its job and the relay that goes on the RED / white wire for whatever reason is doing what its supposed to. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Hoping its just my module. The car is an 05
tbjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2007 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
You need firmware version 12.0 or higher for it to work. If you bought it from a local shop, you could take it back to them and ask them to flash it for you.
It was amazing how well everything worked after I got the correct firmware for the CANSL2 I used on the 04 Malibu I did...well that and getting the door lock switch fixed.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2007 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Put in a XK06 and my problems are fixed!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic