Hey,thanks guys!!

I THINK I know enough to give it a try now

Allen1964 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

Success,well......almost

Everything is working right except I cant get the other transmitters to work

I am doing everything I did with the first one .Do I have to unhook the battery and start over with the other transmitters or something like that.I have three others and none of them will program

Oh yeah,Where is the best place to mount the module?This is the only a keyless entry system,not an alarm

Thanks,Allen

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Since its only a keyless, you don't have to worry about making the module hard to access....just put it somewhere that's out of sight, and make sure it's secure so it won't fall down or rattle.
I'd imagine you've got it somewhere under the driver's dash. Try not to put it anywhere near the steering linkage or the pedals; it might get in the way and cause an accident. You can use screws to mount the module, but I think zip-tying it to an existing heavy wire harness is much easier. I've seen installers use Velcro or double-stick tape too.
I've never heard of the "Executive" brand, so I wouldn't know how to program remotes. And you shouldn't have to unhook the battery.
Usually, the programming sequence involves turning the ignition on and off...do you have the ignition wire from the keyless unit hooked up to the car? This is why it has to be hooked up.
You might try going right to the unit's module, and without unplugging anything, touch your test lead to where the wires go into the plug....make sure each connections is correct-----is constant power really constant? Is ignition really ignition? Is the programming switch plugged into the right place?
Allen1964 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Everything is hooked up right and everything is working.I have already programmed ONE transmitterFirst time trying this......need help - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Allen1964 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Got It!!!!

Everything working like it is supposed to.I just wasnt fast enough in doing the programming before

Thanks again,FellasFirst time trying this......need help - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic