icon

reliable remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
what is the most reliable remote starter on the market? one that lasts and has well built transmitters. I am conducting a survey if it ok
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
This is more of an opinion 'survey' IMO. I have installed many different brands and even the cheapest of systems (Cheetah for example) have performed well and have lasted with no issues. My preference is DEI products but I have never really had any problems with any manufacturer other than the TRC branded starters I got in 2 seasons ago. I wanted to try something different and out of the 6 that I got in 5 were bad out of the box. TRC has since changed back to their original supplier and from what I understand their starters are fine now.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Twelvoltz,
I tried the same with Crimestopper and had huge transmitter problems. I am not really looking for an opinion on what people "think" is best, but based on the experience of professional installers, who have worked with different brands.
Funny, because I did a few wallmart bulldogs and they worked like a charm..:) although they didn't have many outputs for newer cars..I was shocked on how easy it way to install.
Not about flaming any product either.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
DEI units are more reliable then NASA's space shuttles.
Kevin Pierson
usabuilt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe we should ask Nasa if we can install some DEI products on the shuttle and see how they work after a trip into outer space.
I think the founder works for the Government now, so we have an in.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

Doesn't actually work for the Gov is either a congressman or a senator, Darrel Issa, just to be controversial, he's of Lebanese origin and and the owner (before the DEI takeover) of Clifford was an Israeli.                                                                                                                                                                                                        

What did I start better than the electronics in the shuttle? i should like to point out that DEI CENTRAL processor is bullet proof, as for some of the ancillery items, the less said about them the better and on the subject when are we going to get unified DEI software? I'm not even touching on Clifford Wiz and USB, it's never going to happen.

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
if youre goin to do a survey about RS, you got to do some research for yourself and ask the ppl on here. One question is NOT goin to give you the answer.
DEI hands down
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
DEI......Code Alarm.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:
DEI......Code Alarm.
I would have to assume you mean the NEW Code Alarm stuff (I never cared for the old products), and if that is what you are referring to then Audiovox should be mentioned as well. Audiovox bought Code and it appears that all Code products are Audiovox now with the exception of the transmitter design.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
I've got an old code alrm R/S its at least 11yrs old and I've used it on at least 2 different cars, combined with Cliford product; quite sophisticated and reliable except can't get RPM locking on it so i've gone back to I/start IV on present car.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic