trunk trigger always tripped

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

Not sure what wire you found as the trunk trigger, but if it's a positive it aint the right wire. The correct wire is a negative, ORANGE / black at the BCM.connector C1, pin 55. My guess is after the diode you installed fried it damaged the alarm itself....

All the paperwork i found about this cars trunk trigger said that it was negative but i found the ORANGE / black wire at bcm connector c1 and measured it.  It is indeed positive.  I tested it over and over closing and opening the trunk and it worked.

I left the BCM disconected for about a minute to see if it would clear and it seemed to help a little.  it seems really random when the trunk trigger will trip now.  Sometimes it goes for a couple of hours okay and then sometimes it doesn't.  I'll try to check the door triggers and see if i can disconnect them and see if that helps.

Thanks for all the help so far!

davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hey,

I've got the HT800 also, just installed it, on an 2003 Impala, I think I have a similar BCM.  I also started getting trips on the doors and trunk triggers after a set amount of time.

I've determined that while the BCM is powered on, for whatever reason, it will read positive voltage, that's why you need to diode isolate your alarm, so it sees an open circuit regardless the 12VDC.  Once you power down your car, the BCM powers off slowly, and that's why it'll begin tripping after a certain amount of time(random, dependent on some other factors).  I measured the BCM while it powers down, and over time the resistance to ground increases, which is causing our random tripping.

I haven't done so, but I will try diode isolating the BCM in the same way we did multiple triggers, so that the BCM grounding will not ground any other trigger wires. 

The door and hood triggers seem to act the same.  When you disconnected your trunk trigger and it kept triggering, are you sure it wasn't he door trigger that went off?  Look carefully on your remote, it should display the doors, it's hard to see but it's there.

I'll let you know how the diode isolation works.

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yup i'm positive about the trunk tirgger being opened. I know about the black lines that go across that doors that indicate that it is opened. Please let us know what happens with the diode isolation of the bcm!
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hey,

The diode isolation seemed to work!

Last night I tried a resistor in line, 56Kohms, it allowed the BCM to partially ground, and not trip the alarm, and allowed the door opening(grounding) to trip the "door open" on the alarm, but after 1.5 hours, the alarm's resistance to ground must have increased as the capacitors drained, and it started tripping again, that's why I went to diodes.

I put in the diodes tonight, and I am having no tripping of the alarm due to trunk or doors.  I've only had the car off for 1 hour, but since it's diodes, I don't think the slowly increasing grounding of the BCM will cause it to trip.

I'm surprised there was no mention of diode isolating the BCM from the triggers in any of the install manuals I used.  Maybe it's just a design fault of Chevy BCMS? 

Hey, that may have solved my problem, but hasn't yours worked for 1 year, and it just began tripping?  Maybe it's something we did to our BCM's. 

Any expert advice on this?

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  
So let me get this straight, you put a diode on the GROUND wire of the BCM? I'll give that a try.
I actually bought a total of 3 of these alarms. 2 are of the same revision, which i'll call rev. b for easier reference, and 1 i'll call rev a.
Anyhow, rev A. is perfect with no issues regarding trunk or door triggers.
1 of the b's is also perfect but the other b has this problem.
I once tried calling hua-tai and they were actually quite helpful over the phone. If you go to there company website, they have a call now button which you can enter in your number with. As soon as you hit submit, they call you on your phone all the way from china. There english isn't great but if you are patient they can be of some help to you.
I'll try to diode isolate my ground on my BCM when i get a chance to see if it helps.
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, that's good customer service!  Good to see, they are tryign hard to make a good product and support it as well. 

I didn't diode isolate the ground wire on my BCM.  I meant diode isolate the BCM triggers.

What I meant was that I diode isolated the door trigger wire on the BCM from the driver door and passenger door triggers.  In the same way you diode isolate the driver door trigger from the passenger door trigger.  So you just have to cut the driver door trigger to the BCM, and put a diode in there so negative current can flow into the BCM, then do the same thing for the passenger trigger.  And then finally, do the same thing for the trunk trigger. 

I just got through an entire night of sleep with the alarm armed, and nothing had gone off.  In the morning I just hit the start button and it started up!  So everything works well now. 

I think i have the 800E, so revision E version, I think you're using D, shouldn't be too different though.

Did you install those different alarms into diff cars?  What problems did you have?

It's not a bad alarm, the only problems I have with it, is that you cant' disable the parking light warning flasher, when you open your doors.  And you can't change the remote start time from 8mins to anything else.  Maybe I should ask if there's a setting for this that isn't listed in the book?

Otherwise, great alarms, and great range.  I'm going to try using an iwind surf antenna thing to boost the range of mine.  It's a directional antenna mod made for 802.11b networks, might work.

davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html

There's the web page where you can get the template for the directional antenna.  Might be a great way to improve operating range, probably not practicle for auto use, but might help even on the remote side of things.  Worth a try if your appartment is far away from your car, and you still want contact, I think you could just put the remote into the center and it'll direct the signal accordingly.

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info, there is a way to change the remote start timing and the flashing though. I have disabled the flashing on mine and i remember reading about the remote start timer fucntion. When i get home i will post the directions!
davids604 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  

COOL! Great to hear!

I was beginning to regret that I didn't purchase the starter with an alarm, where you could set a time to start the car, and change the start times.  But if this one can increase start times above 8 mins, that would be perfect!  The other alarm could even sense temperature, and keep the temp above a certain temperature!    I don't need that though, but I'm sure that'd be handy in certain places.

Looking forward to the info! 

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
This is straight from the manual. Your right, i have a ht-800d.
10.) Systems features programming
To enter the system features programming mode:
While the system is disarmed, press and hold the brake pedal, press and hold the overide/valet switch for 3seconds, the siren will chirp once to indicate system has entered programming mode.
a.) Engine running time selection: 8,16,24,60min:
While system is in programming mode, press the UNLOCK/LOCK once, the siren will chirp twice to indicate the 16min. engine running time is selected. Press button UNLOCK/LOCK once again, the siren will chirp 3 times to indicate 24min engine running time selected. Press UNLOCK/LOCK once again and siren will chirp 4 times to indicate the 60min engine running time is selected. Press button UNLOCK/LOCK once , the siren will chirp once to indicate 8min time is selected. The default 8min engine running will be reactivated if the head unit is unpowered.
Release the foot brake to exit programming mode.
Door open alert:
Here is how to disable the lights flashing when the door is open:
While alarm is disarmed, open the vehicle door, then press the overide/valet switch 5 times, the siren will chirp twice, and this feature will be disabled after closing the door. Repeat the above operation to enable this feature, the siren will chirp once.
Good luck, lemme know if it works!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic