icon

99 yukon Viper Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bsambrano 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have a few questions on my install(1st time installer):Yukon 4 Door: Viper 790XV
1.On my PLDATA can the gwr be activated by this from my alarm: This wire (H3/1)(-) supplies a 200ma output as soon as the module begins the remote start process.
2.How do I hook up my neutral safety input on my alarm?
3.What is the Lock Motor/ Unlock Motor used for on the Yukon wire list?
4. On the door locks I wired my alarm Lock/Unlock to lt blue/white is the used just to activate the relay becasue I know my alarm can only drive a relay and not the full load of all the locks?
5. I am confused on how to hook my (-) 200 ma domelight supervision wire, it shows the use of a dbdt with the following connections 85-input from alarm, 86-12 volts, 87 domelight supervision +or- (white underdash??),and 30 shows domelight supervision wire( unsure of what this wire is)
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ben
evilways
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
2-the netral safety switch can be connected to ground in most vehicles if the car cannot start while in gears other than park and netral.
3-these would be used for driver door priority unlocking but not always used.
4- the 4 door versions of this vehicle and they are positive pulse which the way you describe would be correct. if ir is a 2 door then you have a 5 wire set up and then you would need 2 relays wired in a reversed polarity configuration which the diagram for this is on this site.
5- you have a negative dome light wire at the light under dash this wire is the wire that will conect to pin 30 of the relay, and pin 87 will be a ground pin 85 will go to the BLACK/ white wire off the viper and pin 86 is positive 12 volts.
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2003 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Here's an easy to follow diagram for your domelight relay.
I have a small Security FAQ on my site with more info and diagrams.
Security FAQ
99 yukon Viper Install -- posted image.
Viper Equipped

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic