icon

bad job, shop remove it?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Do I have a right to tell a shop to remove the alarm they installed? I made it very clear I wanted it done clean and neat. I had a Clifford before this that was wired wrong and I was fed up so I opted to have it re-installed. I took it in and he tested it and said the alarm was bad not the wiring! He said he could install a carbine and start fresh. I get my truck back and the doors aren't hooked up to it....my old siren was hidden this one is right when u open the hood, my foglights go off and on when I open the door, no dome light  and worse of all THE BRAIN WAS FOUND hANGING UNDER MY DASH wth! The foglights and doors werent hooked up with my 1st alarm install and thats why I chose to have it redone. To have it done like that a 2nd time and even worse irritates me! He said bring it back and he would go over everything but dang.....seems like he didnt double check what he installed?!?!?! I just want my DEI back.......not this carbine! I paid $500........I will eat the labor cost......so whats everyones opinions?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
If the alarm was bad but not the wiring, what was wrong and why wasn't it repaired? You should have refused acceptance of new install and asked for your money back there and then. A CPU hanging down is uacceptable.
bondo-boy 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
your spending the money ,.you have the right to ask for a refund due to everything you just said ,if you dont fix it more than likely it will lead to more problems in the future,which could cost you alot more money,also i love dei too wouldnt ever use anything else .
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
This really depends on the shop so I offer only my personal opinion here. I would not accept a mediocre job, no exceptions. You paid a professional shop to do a professional job. I would pursue at the very least a redo of the job to make it acceptable. The Clifford line of products is high end, if it were me I would have taken the Clifford back to the place that installed it and would have had them fix it. Clifford's installed through an authorized dealer carry a warranty that should have covered any necessary repairs.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
PLACE that installed the 1st one closed down so I had no choice! It was a clifford remote with a viper 790 brain wth.....so I had to get a new one!
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

You can contact dei and see if they will repair the other alarm. usually a 15 buck shipping fee and no more than two weeks has been what my customers have run into...correction, customer. I have only had to send in one alarm (8 years old) for repair, and they did it under waranty. it does not hurt to ask.

Now for your other issue... YES. They really need to fix their work. They should do it while kissing your feet. Unless you had it done at best buy, circuit city, or fry's (read big box) the install shop that did your work is probably dependant on good word of mouth for a big chunk of their business. That being said, I would get your money back,  look into getting your dei alarm fixed, and take it to a different shop to have it installed correctly.

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Its deeper than that I was referred by the lady i work with too....LMAO! He works local and its a indepenent shop and explained what I had previously and I was very unhappy. Im just worried they are going to push the "lifetime warranty" on me LOL after a week LOL.....! The previous alarm was supposed to be a clifford and when I got home to look at the alarm they took out it was a viper 790. WOW.....no luck with alarms. I would be much happier if they returned my truck back to stock and removed it. About how long would that take.....just take it out and tape all the wires correct? Whats the best way to bring it up to them so they are understanding.....? Any ideas?
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yea they can keep there $250 labor fee too.....is that reasonable?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
i would say that they should have no problem returning the vehicle to stock... esspecially if you dont wasnt the labor back. I know at C. City, if we install something, and the customer decideds they do not want it, then we can refund the unit within 30 days, but unless it is something wrong (like in your case) with teh install, then we do not refund labor.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Can you take a good picture and post it? bad job, shop remove it? -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic