icon

99 ford contour, avantguard 4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
showngo2000 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so I've a PKF1 for my 1999 Ford Contour from bypasskit.com.  I have hooked it up as follows:

TX:  WHITE/ Green

RX: Gray/Orange

GND: BLACK/ Green

IGN: GREEN/ Black

Here's the Problem.  When I "program the module", with my PATS key, then use my non-PATS key to start the car, it works fine.  Then, I'll turn the car off, and wait until the PATS system is activated and try it again.  Only this time, my non-PATS key will not work, unless I reprogram the module. 

It's as if the PKF1 module is not saving the correct information from the PATS key when the system is disengaged. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the Brown wire from the bypass to your Status output of the starter?
when you say non-pats, are you saying that you are using a non-chipped key to start your car?
or are you saying after you remote start your non-chipped key doesnt work?
bypass module is used to temporarily bypass the PATS during remote start, you will still need your PATS key that you used to program the bypass to drive the car.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/fJBSXChEtQp5/__sr_/97bb.jpg?tkn=phwsc.GBcLVvmMtW&saveas=thing

This is in my Clifford AG4 box.  The part number on the bag is 30-835.  Is this a temperature switch?

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is used on the g3 and g4 series cliffords to acuate the remote start on cold days ,the temp had to be programed by the clifnet wizzard on the g4 series.Have  not seen one of these in years99 ford contour, avantguard 4 -- posted image. iust to throw them away its too hot here.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
So, since it gets cold here, should I put it on the car?  Where and how does it hookup?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Clamped to top  radiator hose. Actually I thought it was simply a temperature sensing device that grounded the hood switch thus preventing R/S being used if too hot.
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all.  I am installing an Avantguard 4 on my 1999 Ford Contour SVT.  I am to the point of hooking up the windshield wipers.  What function does this alarm do with the wipers? 

Also, I have not been able to find a wiring diagram with the windshield wiper wires on it.  Does anyone know where I can find the wiper wire?

Thanks for the help!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
If wired correctly,including headlamps it will bring on the headlamps as soon as you operate the wipers. Open steering column cowl, check leads coming from wiper switch, one of these will either go pos or neg when you engage first speed on wipers.
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

I have an Avantguard 4 that is being fitted to my 99 ford contour.  I am using Cliffnet Pro trying to access the Intellistart IV, but the icon in the program never comes up.  It is always greyed out.  What will cause this?  I have the data cable coming straight off the AG4 to the Intellistart IV, then out of that, I run it to the laptop...is this correct?

Thanks

showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I figured that issue out.  Now for another.  When I go to set my car in "manual transmission mode".  The parking lights will blink once (instead of twice like they should).  In the install manual, it lists what to do if your lights blink 3,4,5, or 6 times...but not once.  Does anyone know what this means?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic