icon

99 ford contour, avantguard 4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Connect it to heater output or 2nd ignition, not required to start car but neccessary if you want heat/AC
showngo2000 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
So I connected the tach wire to the fuel injector negative side...the alarm does the same thing.  Is it positive that I need to cut BOTH the starter and ignition wire on the car?  What will happen if I don't cut them?
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

i am sure it will still work if you dont cut your ignition and starter wires, but why would you NOT want to cut them? The AG4 has open kills on those 2 circuits. If a thief finds and yanks out the brain, your car is still not going anywhere.

Did you do the MANDATORY RPM programming?

It is column 1, row 15 of the Programmer Menu, NOT the user menu. 

PCM pin 48 is the correct tach wire. It's not the only way to go, but you had one of the correct methods the first time for tach.

Your hookups to the green ignition wire look good.

showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2007 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have cut them, I'm just trying to narrow my troubleshooting.

When I look at the "Monitor" tab of the Cliffnet Wizard software, the Intellistart Activates when the manual transmission sequence is entered, then deactives after about 3 seconds.  The "engine is below idle" is ALWAYS highlighted in red.  So, I tried reprogramming the RPM's, but nothing helped.  Maybe this is the problem.

After engaging the manual transmission sequence, everything seems normal now..two parking light flashes, clutch bypass relay engages.  However, when I remove the keys, the car dies.  I have not had the Intellistart to successfully keep the car running yet.  What does this mean?

showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

SUCCESS!!...well partly.  I found one problem I had.  The two red power wires that go to the intellistart IV...one of them was not getting power.  I'm guessing that this was the wire that kept the car running when no key is in. 

Anyway, now I can remote start the car perfectly if it is in AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MODE.  When I start the car with the key, then enable  the MANUAL TRANSMISSION SEQUENCE, I'll take the key out, and the car stays running (like it's supposed to), then I'll get out and arm it.  The car will not die, but the alarm will arm itself.  When I disarm the alarm and turn the car off by tapping the brakes, I have to input the VALET CODE into the keypad or the lights start to flash, then about 10 seconds later, the alarm sounds.  When I enter the code, all is disarmed and normal.

Does this have anything to do with BLACKJAX?

Thanks for the help thus far, you guys are great.  Sorry I'm so stupid.

OmarR 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
That does sound like BlackJax. Just turn it off if you dont want to deal with entering your code every time you enter your car.
showngo2000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, fixed the light/alarm/valet switch.  Dang BlackJax. 

The car still will not turn off once it's armed after manual transmission mode is activated.  Any thoughts?

OmarR 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
How did you connect the BLACK/ green wire off of the Intellistart module?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
DISCONNECT the BLACK/ green from ground, then with engine running and parking brake on punch in the buttons noted as remote start manual enable in the owners manual, exit the vehicle and turn the alarm on. This will shut down the engine within 3secs or so. Provided the alarm hasn't been tampered with button 4 should remotely start the car any time the alarm is on.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
P.S. The buttons you should press above are:- Master remote, level shift twice then button 3 (6 o'clock position) 4 button radar remote, trunk release and headlight together.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic