icon

bypass pkt2, 07 rav4?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boostingt 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
im installing a pkt2 in a 07 rav4 and i cant find the connector for the security light E22 , does anybody know where it is or how i can bypass this without the module?
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
posting 3 different topics with different titles isn't going to help you get an answer.
mobile1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

When you post the pin number of E22 I can only guess you need to find the ECU. That should be attached to the fusebox on that vehicle. If you look at the plugs around the fusebox you should see what I'm talking about.

boostingt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I found the ecu , its under the hood but the security light plug is not there. i have paperwork for most of the wiring for the pkt2 but pin 8 of connector E22 does not give me a location or any other description.
mobile1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure you have a factory immobalizer in there. Look at the key cylinder and see if there is a plastic ring around it. follow that down and you should see a plug or two with some smaller ga. wires in it. I know this sounds dumb, but quite a few Toyotas don't have immobalizers in them.

boostingt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
it has to because i got the remote start installed and it goes through the motions but no crank. and the key has the 4 button fob with 3 buttons on it.
mobile1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

do me a favor and try this:

Put a key in the cylinder but don't turn the key. Then try to remote start it. If it still doesn't start, then you don't have an immobalizer. If it does start then you do have one. (assuming all other connections are right)

boostingt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thats not always true . in some cases the immobilizers or pats are not activated unless the key is in the start mode. depending on the system or the car make and model. I have done alot of remote starts but i must say i dont like this PKT2.
mobile1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Toyota has always used coded keys. You are referring to a system like passlock II where there is a resistance code sent through wires when the ignition is turned on by a key.  You (may or may not) have a RF based immobilizer in the SUV.

BTW, PATS is a system only used in fords. The PATS system was RF based also. There was no need for you to turn the ignition forward for the truck to "see" the chip in the key. The key only needed to be close to the cylinder. In fact on any RF based system, you don't even need to have the key inserted into the ignition. You just have to have it close enough, for the factory ring to pick up the signal from the chip.

boostingt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
im going to take it apart a little more to make sure. i had the key in the cylinder but still no start but when i activate remote start and start it with the key and then remove the key it stays running until i hit the brake
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic