icon

400 dollar sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know the fuse ratings for the Quantum Audio. From the website I know its 3000 watts rms @ 1 ohm and is class A/B.
The Hifonics and MTX are class D. I figure if I just get 300 amps worth of charging power than I will be okay (better to over-guess than under-guess for the alternator).
donpisto 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
mcben789 wrote:
I don't know the fuse ratings for the Quantum Audio. From the website I know its 3000 watts rms @ 1 ohm and is class A/B.
The Hifonics and MTX are class D. I figure if I just get 300 amps worth of charging power than I will be okay (better to over-guess than under-guess for the alternator).
Not necessarily. The Quantum amp would need a total of 300A for fuses. If it has anything less than that, it will not be able to put out 3,000w. I highly recommend finding out what fuse rating it has, but personally I would just pass on the Quantum. Hifonics would probably be the better route to go.
mcben789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
So yes to Hifonics, no to Quantum.
Any other amp recommendations around the same price ranges as these amplifiers?
Thanks for all your help donpisto :)
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I saw a quantum amp the other day. supposedly 1,000 watts or so. it was lighter than the monster energy drink i was sipping on at the time. piece of junk if you ask me.
I havent seen much of the new hifonics stuff, but it seems to be a great bang for your buck
speed92056 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

i had mtx 9500 series 15" in ported box and loved it.

have u considered that sub ????

mcben789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

I'm pretty sure now I'm going with two Hifonics bxi1606d's.  

I've considered MTX, but multiple people have that in my town; I just want something out of the norm.

A few posts ago donpisto asked about the fuse sizes for the Quantum Audio amp.  I don't have those, but i do have the size for the Hifonics bxi1606d:  two 80 amp fuses a piece.  Does this help me any? 

Now I have my mind set:  Fi BTL 15" & (2) Hifonics bxi1606d's to power it. (building my own box to spec).  

If I used the current calculator right, would i need about 223 amps of charging power just for these two amps (3200 watts @ 14.4 volts = 222.222...)?

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

ok to clear things up on the quantum amps they are rated at peak not rms, half of peak is rms. another thing to remember quantum audio is a sister co to db drive. i carry both line so any questions hit me up at SPLaudio78@hotmail.com .

i wouldnt talk til you actually listen to a quantum amp they are great budget -ground pounder amps. only the ignorant talks about something they know nothing about...

coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
<-- Not ignorant. Thanks.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

i got people breaking 140dbs of 1 12" and a 1500d  750rms $220 amp. i have sold quite a few and have had 0 problems.

not tring to bash you just ur slamming a product that you know nothing about. the amp you held was only 500rms. i only sell what i 100% believe in, i dont want returns or unhappy customers. if you want higher end db drive for the win but quantum audio is alot better than anything in it's price range i know of personally...

mcben789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
I think I'm still going with the Hifonics. My friend had a Hifonics amp and a MTX 7500 and it sounded great to me.
Was my calculation right for the amount of current draw from those amps?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic