icon

domelight supervision, 07 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Someone suggested I just take my -alarm dome super wire straight to my -door trigger wires. Would that work to make my dome supervision work?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Nevermind I just tried it and it didn't work. When I tested my alarm's dome super wire it only works part of the time, switching to ground. I started just touching it to wires and messed up my passenger doors auto down window. But owell. It's fun touching wires to see if I can get my dome supervision to work. I don't get why it would work with my ford remote but not with my python alarm? It seems simple enough, Maybe I just messed up some wires, like ground looped them or something. I've tried touching like every wire in my sjb. Is their a way to reset my car?
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

check all your in-cabin fuses .. sounds like one of them may have blown during the fun of "touching wires to see if the dome supervision worked..."

You have a sweet ride, '07 GT, i would hold back a little on the random testing of wires LOL

The search function is your friend.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
What setting do I put my dmm too, to test the fuses? Or should I just use a test light?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I just used a test light to test all of them. They all seem to be fine, with none blown. I just tried using a positive dome super and relay, but the dome super still doesn't work. At this point I think its the -BLACK/ white alarm dome super wire, not working properly. Is their another wire I can use from the alarm..python 990 to turn my domelights on and off?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
never use a test light. probably worst thing to do unless its a safe low voltage light. I suggest buying a crappy one for 10 bucks or 20. taht is more reliable than a light. as u mentioned, the viper unit probably has a messed up supervision out while u were "Testing wires by touching it around"
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

you can use the disarm (-) and re-arm (-) output wires from the viper to trigger a latching relay system that when latched (i.e. disarmed/unlocked) will send 12 volts (+) fused to the Ford dome light wire .. then, when re-armed/locked, it'll kill the dome light.

Yeah, you probably blew a transistor in the viper when testing -- no fixing it at this point. 

07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys. How should I hook up the relay for this? Or do I need to use two relays?
I tried it like this, but it didn't work. 86 to 12v, 85 to alarm disarm, 87 to ground, 30 to -car dome super wire. It turned the light on, but immediately shut off right after. With the rearm wire attached to 85 it didn't do anything. Any ideas?
peterubers 
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#lsp
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
PR your inbox is full, regards Howard.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic