icon

domelight supervision, 07 mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
What do you think is the year, make,model of my car? HINT: look at my username. Alarm was a python 990
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Never assume we know what year, make, and model vehicle you're working on when you create a topic, regardless of your user name. I for one failed ESP and flunked out of Crystal Ball twice.

Alarm was a Python 990? What is it now?

domelight supervision, 07 mustang - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 07 Ford Mustang Gt..thats the v8 in case you didn't know. I installed a Python 990 Alarm, Remote Start, Keyless entry System. I used a SPST relay for my Domelight Supervision. It only works 10% of the time. It is hooked up correctly. Should I just tag the - alarm dome super wire to the BLACK/ blue wire in the dome light holder, not sure of its polarity.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well now it doesn't work at all. Heres how I have it hooked up. 86 to 12v, 85 to -BLACK/ white alarm dome super wire, 87 -lt.GREEN/ YELLOW car dome super wire, 30 to ground.
Relay makes all wires 12.5 volt.
I tested all the wires in the dome light bezel.
Lt.GREEN/ YELLOW Hit unlock(light off to on) 12v to 0v then to like 285v. Lock(light on to off) 285v to ov to 12v.
BLACK/ blue Hit Unlock(light off to on) 12.5v to 11.88v Lock 11.8v to 12.3v Hooking alarm wire directly to this doesn't work.
WHITE/ blue unlock 11v to 12v, lock 12v to 11v.
Pink/blue unlock 2.1v to 20v, Lock 20v to 2v.
Relay wires: armed car wire shows 12.5v to 12.2v.
unarmed 12.5v to 12.2v
Alarm wire Armed shows 12.5 to 11.6v
Unarmed 11.6v to 12.5v.
Lights don't turn on or off.
Any ideas Thanks
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
did you check the fuse for the interior illumination? It might have popped. Then make sure you have the correct wire hooked up. You can check directly at the dome light and test there. I have had one I had to hook up to the dome for supervision instead of tracking down the wire. On some others you can use the all door trigger if it lights the dome light.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well the fuse is still good. lights still turn on when door is opened or I use the factory key fob to unlock, lock the doors. It just doesn't work with my alarm key fob. The lt.GREEN/ YELLOW wire is the all door trigger-dome supervision. I even tried tagging it to the wire by the light, still does nothing.
One of the installers at work told me to cut the lt.GREEN/ YELLOW wire from the car and tie the remote line to it, so basically disconnecting it from the sjb. I might try this. Any other ideas?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Still not working. Any Ideas, this is the last thing I need to get working so I can put my car back together.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
What are you using to test these circuits?
07mustanggt wrote:
Lt.GREEN/ YELLOW Hit unlock(light off to on) 12v to 0v then to like 285v. Lock(light on to off) 285v to ov to 12v.
285V? WTH?
If you are truly reading 285V then I would strongly suggest getting a better DMM and trying this again. This is a very basic circuit, not nearly as complicated as this thread is making it sound. If you ground the vehicle wire in question it should turn the dome light on, if your system is providing the negative output when unlocking (turning on the timed output for dome supervision), and the relay is wired as you stated
07mustanggt wrote:
86 to 12v, 85 to -BLACK/ white alarm dome super wire, 87 -lt.GREEN/ YELLOW car dome super wire, 30 to ground
then your relay is bad.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

im sure the python has a dedicated light supervision output. Well thing is as u mentioned before

"Lt.GREEN/ YELLOW Hit unlock(light off to on) 12v to 0v then to like 285v. Lock(light on to off) 285v to ov to 12v."

if u getting 12 volts, then none to a SPIKE of 285volts, u better put a diode across the damn relay or ur gonna one day burn something. the diode protects the relay from causing a spike when it de energizes. Place white band towards postive side across terminal 85 and 86.

07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just tested the relay by disconnecting the alarm dome wire from relay pin 85, and attaching a jumper and then grounding it. The relay clicked and made the dome lights turn on. So it works. So it has to be my alarm brain. For some reason it isn't sending a -signal threw the BLACK/ white dome alarm wire to the relay. Or is something else wrong? Any other wire...like accessory I can use instead?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic