icon

prefered bypass kits

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smedlow 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
The users who use the Idatalink certainly are sold on the units. Where I am only doing my car, is it really worth my while to buy the interface for programming or just get one of the other units? Kind of funny they don't offer that as an option in purchase. I figured the real advantage was that I would get the doorlock module built in to the combination, but according to the wiring diagram, I can just wire it in directly without the module, I guess. I noticed there was some discussion in a different thread about the domelight in the pilot, so I guess I would have to deal with that without the doorlock module. Does that sound right?
Thanks
Smedlow
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
No it wouldnt be worth it. Since you are only doing you car, you should just buy the one with your firmware already loaded. No reason to get the multi platform one if you are only going to do you car.
Cris
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

The ADSTB is just a transponder bypass unit where the ADSDL or ADSALCA are capable of doing both transponder bypass and other features such as doorlocks etc on SOME units. When u look up yourvehicle on the idatlink website, it will show all units that will work and build a chart showing what each model will do comparitively.

If you are just buying one for your own use, buy a solo series for your particular vehicle. These are preloaded with the correct software. The multi series are downloadable/upgradeable.

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

smedlow wrote:
It seems that I couldn't find the correct terms for the forum search and wound up starting another thread. Sorry about that. Anyway, I appreciate your advice, one and all.
Two questions about the idatalink module. I am looking at the ADS-TB multi -platform transponder bypass. It appears to me to be both a transponder bypass as well as a doorlock/security interface. Is that right?
And second, will this work out of the box without programming, or do you have to buy the programming module too to write the firmware?
Thanks.
Smedlow
False,
ADS-TB = AUTOMOTIVE DATA SOLUTION- TB= TRANSPONDER ONLY

then you have your ads-dl and Al CA

the DL is your doorlock/transponder (limited) peice. Transponder only on certain makes

AL CA is your over built all-in-one. <--------   mother of all bypasses. =)

"dont ground out!"
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Oh Idatalink and Fortin has my two thumbs up.
"dont ground out!"
audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Love the flashlogic pieces!  Tech support at Omega is the best I've ran into also!
2003 Dodge Neon R/T
Alpine CDA9813, RF T2000.1bd, RF T162S, RFT142C, RF T600.4, RF T215D4
140.7 @ 28Hz
smedlow 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
You are probably getting tired of the topic, but I think this may be the end.   
I've found Honda SL-3 units branded First Tech, Autopage, Crime Stopper, and Fortin. Are they all made by Fortin, or is everybody just piling on the same model number?
Shipping has been ridiculous. The idatalink solo module ships for $44.00 to Alaska. The SL-3's ship for anywhere between $8.00 and $35.00 and cost between $22 and $45 depending on the brand they are sold under.
Any more thoughts? Thanks again.
Smedlow
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
22 dollr bypasses? where lol i get them for 35 usaully,
smedlow 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Amazon has them by First Tech for $22.79 and by Crimestopper for $34.47. So, are they the same item?
Eldon
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
"Honda SL-3 units branded First Tech, Autopage, Crime Stopper, and Fortin. Are they all made by Fortin, or is everybody just piling on the same model number? "
yea they all the same units, they are just distribs of fortin.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic