the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cm3000 remote start function not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

will pursue this with the installer and Compu-Star, and I will let you all know what I find. All of your help has been greatly appreciated.

This is the best plan...........

ben_979 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Just wanted to offer an update, but still no solution yet.
The installation shop tried the 'quick fix' which was attempting everything that I had already tried :-) No luck, so I have an appointment in a few weeks to get it looked at more thoroughly.
Also, I contacted CompuStar (Firsttech). They don't answer their email, in case anyone is curious. :-) I called them and the rep there had me try a few more things but the end result was that it still doesn't start. He suggested I take it in to the shop :-)
One thing that he had me try was to sit in the vehicle, put it in reservation mode and stay inside. Then, before trying to remote start it, to depress the clutch and then try to remote start it. This is to ensure that the clutch bypass is not the issue. I had always been under the impression that depressing the clutch would take it out of reservation mode, but obviously this is not the case. Regardless, it is a good test that I hadn't thought of to test 'one more thing'.
More updates to come, for those that care! :-)
ben_979 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
SOLVED!
I still haven't quite figured out WHAT we did, but with the help of an email from Compu-Star tech support and another follow up call, here is what we did:
1) On the remote, pressed buttons 1 + 3 together for 3 seconds (system chirps).
2) Press button 3 (system chirps) - do this a total of 3 times.
3) Press buttons 1 + 4 together for 3 seconds (system chirps).
4) Press button 3 (system chirps) - do this a total of 3 times.
I didn't quite follow the description that he gave me, and I couldn't find these sequences anywhere in the manual, but I believe he said that it defaulted back to a 99 second start delay timer, which is used for diesels.... at least I think that is what he said :-)
Again, thanks to all who took the time to read my posts and offer their opinions, and maybe this information will come in handy to someone down the road.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic