the12volt.com spacer
icon

92 honda prelude altenator wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

can anyone tell me what wire i need to find or what im looking for to hook up altenator sensing to my remote start in a  92 prelude?  i have it hooked up tach but it never seems to learn it..  ive checked everything tech support and myself could think of.

probly has somthing to do with my remote start being a cheap pos, but it works, it just always cranks half a sec too long and sometimes shuts off after a few sec

dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of remote starter are you installing and where did you get your tach wire from? i believe alternator sensing is the same as voltage sensing, in which case the remote starter notices a change of voltage between before, during and after start of the vehicle.  usually a wire does not need to be connected for that option, it senses through the 12v main power wire. i may be wrong since i dont know what unit your installing, let us know
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
there are usaully 3 ways that i have seen. alternator sense (voltage sense), Oil pressure light detection, Tach, and High current detection. wire. Usually tach is the best way to go. on ur prelude, what wire are u tapping into for tach? scytek shows blue at coil in engine.
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

there a blue tach wire on most hondas on the shock tower the deadends at a test lead its for testing of corse, but it shows tach voltage and ive used it before... the remote start is a boa piece of crap  252b

so if i just disconnect the tach wire it might work huh

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

try going to voltage sense. That should work. If not then ask for some tech support if u can.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
It just struck me that maybe the alternator lead was given to use an inductive device to output a tach signal such as a DEI 454t
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

can you explain that? because the manual is not clear at all about alternator sensing it just says it may be ness. to use tach sensing and how to wire that, which failed.   so i clipped the wire

it still grinds all the time.  always starts it half a second to long, ill probly call there tech support one more time then assume its just a piece of crap.  i know its cheap, but i didnt think it would grind my car all the time.

Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
also - the model is actually boa 265b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic