icon

prostart ct3400 tech support

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustseeflop 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Got a CT-3400TW from Canadian tire. Wired it correctly, transmitter wont get reconizied by the module. Read from somewhere on this site that about 50% of these products are defective one way or another -- antenna, module, transmitter or the instruction is not clear or wrong. The date on the module is 2006-12-12, it was said some year are good some year is about 50% bad out-of-the-box. Anyway, found the tech support ph # and left them a message to call me back. The tech support # is 1-800-228-5190.
Anyone have same or similar issue? Basically, it is a transmitter to module issue not start or lock or tech learn issue.   Thanks for any ideas.
Ed
BTW, I am doing this for the girlfriend -- she is studying her PhD. in Physic in University. This installing of remote starter is beginning to make me look stupid.
xxx
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

I have never had a bad unit they are the same unit made for autostart,polarstart,and that unit made for canadiantire prostart.

dragon
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried to program the remote?
mustseeflop 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Everyone,
The Prostart tech support call back within 2 hrs in Saturday -- impressive.
They suggested something that is not in the installation manual -- disconnect brake wire (orange) while doing the transmitter learning procedure ( appearently, they say, some brake system has feedback which will prevent transmitter learning ) -- I think this should be printed in the installation manual. They also suggest to ensure +12V detection on the ignt. wire (yellow) when the key is on the "ON" position. I check that there is +12V when the key is "ON" position.
The Transmitter is now accepted by the module & the rest of the system is working now. Car starts as expected -- now I will check the 2000' claimed range.
All and all, I am happy with this product & especially with tech support.
Thanks
Ed
xxx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic