icon

peugeot 207, alarm wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have the wiring diagram for this car? I am going to install an alarm on it and need it.. asap
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

This is going to wiz you off but Peugeots are nightmares and don't use regular colours.  You have to test everything, also they use their own version of CAN called VAN, also I believed that they are not normally sold in North America so Fortin etc won't have any parts. You need to test EVERYTHING before installing because they change their wiring colours every three months or so.

The good news is is that most things are accessible through the BSI fusebox. Lock motor wires, indicators(hazards), door contacts (diode block and diode join) Drop the steering column cowling to get at power supplies ign (x 2) and starter. Contact me if you are including R/S because I have type specific advice on this. My experience is on the 206 but the last year of the 206 used the 207 wiring.

faded808 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
ah, ok...
My girlfriend has a Peugeot 207, and she only has power locks no alarm..Im gonna install here a cliffors 2.5x, the standard alarm pager... Got it for free, no remote start she dont need it.. would I need anything else besides the alarm for install... I know I used like 2 relays for my install on a mustang but when I did my friends tacoma, I didnt need one since there were already built in to his car for the power locks...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
If no remote start use the BSI box you will need 2 relays or a DEI 451. In one of the plugs on top of that box are your lock motor wires. Find them and apply the DEI "5 wire method" as shown in the owner's manual. Just don't ask about remote start, it's a beast!
faded808 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
If no remote start use the BSI box you will need 2 relays or a DEI 451. In one of the plugs on top of that box are your lock motor wires. Find them and apply the DEI "5 wire method" as shown in the owner's manual. Just don't ask about remote start, it's a beast!
thanks man, yea remote start was kinda hard for me too, but I did 4 cars and no problems :-) but a euro car I havent done yet... so thanks again for your help...
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  

You really don't want to know this but on late 206/7s there are two ign leads BOTH of  which stay live under cranking and BOTH supply the ign. If you cut  EITHER it will immobilise the car. When we do a Cat 1 alarm*  it obviously doesn't matter,  you  cut one of them and the starter. Unfortunately when you add an R/S you have to power up both as the primary ign. The one you cut has to be the one controlling the brake  lights, if not when you get back into the car with the engine running , turn the key and push on brake pedal nothing happens!  Also forget tach from an injector port, they are sealed in epoxy!!  You have to get tach from the controller  which is in front of the right hand wheel arch, don't ask me what colour because every time I do one it's a different colour, even the factory hood switch (if fitted) changes colour from the switch to inside the car.

*UK spec insurance approved, batt back-up, metal casings stealth and secured mounting, all black cables, 2 x immobiliser cuts, etc etc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic