icon

oil accumulator, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  

I've been thinking of installing an oil accumulator into my car to help with start up and if I ever run into oil pressure problems etc...

The reason I'm posting this is to see if my idea of hooking it up to work with my remote start will work, so here goes:

I'm running a Compustar 2W900FSAS (CM3000-V.3) on my 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII, it's been doing well so far with many thanks to people on this forum for helping so much!

I was thinking of running the CS unit in deisel mode, and using a timed relay to simulate the 'wait to start' (glow plug wire) signal. By delaying the start, the accumulator will have time to pump the oil into the engine. I know I need to find a relay with the right timer to pump the oil in, which shouldn't be too hard I think... On the Compustar, that is the only thing I need to input is the 'wait to start' signal (glow plug wire) and it does it automatically from there.

Pretty simple? or am not looking into this idea far enough and I'm doomed, lol... If I don't use the remote start and just jump in the car and start it, I know it won't pump the oil in and/or I'll have to wait to start it then, but this should work with the remote start though like I am planning?

Thanks

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
oil accumulator, remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with the Compustar units but with the DEI pieces I use they have a timed delay option in the programming menu that will energize the ignition for a predetermined amount of time before engaging the starter allowing your oil accumulator to prime/pressurize.
If the Compustar does not offer this feature your idea of a timer to the wait to start input should work just fine. DEI sells the 528T pulse timer relay that would accommodate the setup you are trying to accomplish.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Compustar does have a timed delay that can be programmed with the Programming tool that dealers have. Without the Programer, I believe you can still change that setting, but you can only choose 18 seconds for a delay. Look at Option 1-08.
With the Programmer you can choose a delay anywhere between 3-99 seconds.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

The default for option 1-08 is "Glow Plug Wire" and the option is 18 sec. acccording to the manual on their site. This is the way I want it I'm sure (the default) as it will wait for what ever the timed relay (aka/Glow Plug Wire signal) to switch before trying to start, unless I'm interpreting this stuff wrong?!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
There are various lights in the instrument cluster that momentarily turn on and then go out.
I would just pick the light that give you the time frame you desire, and tie into that.
If you could manage to use the seat belt light, you might find that the light won't come on if the seat belt is buckled..........if for some reason you didn't want the delay once in a while, you could leave the car's seat belt in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic