icon

2001 s10 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
if you're talking about the purple -200mA SECOND starter output in a 4pin harness that plugs into the satelitte relay pack, then no. that wire is used to trigger a relay for a second starter wire usually found in toyotas and nissans. it shouldnt be needed in your application. i mean to check the purple wire in the ribbon harness that goes from the brain to the relay pack. its 5 wires that are like stuck together.just pull them apart and pulse the purple wire to ground with a test light. pulsing that wire to ground triggers the relay that gives output on the starter wire.
gmoneygardner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

Ok So that should make the car start then?

Steve Gardner
S&I Manager
Circuit City
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
if you pulse that wire and there is output on the purple starter wire, it just basically mean that the relay pack works and its not defective. the problem lies either in programming or wiring. did you maybe try and program a feature or something? maybe you accidently programed it to a delayed start or something.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
hey dre, i think gmoney is confused. to make it simple, follow. Okay as dre mentioned before there is a 5 wire ribbon (means they are stuck together) going to the satellite relay pack (square like that has your starter outputs and acc/ign) so the PURPLE wire on the Ribbon cable, Splice it open a little, connect a wire from that wire, and touch the wire u connected and TOUCH do not pernamantly ground; TOUCH/TAP it to ground. See if the relay clicks and test your start wire, see if 12volts is shown. by taking a volt meter, grounding the (-) and the postive to the START wire from relay. If the relay clicks, it should show 12 - 14.4 Volts. it it doesnt u may have a dead relay pack, Which is really rare with DEI products. If you touch the PURPLE cable to ground and the relay clicks, but during remote start it doesnt work, most likely that wire is not sending a ground from the main unit, so what u should do is use the SECOND Start wire from the main unit and just replace it with that Purple wire on the ribbon.  
mrivera989 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help its much appreciated now that in minnesota we are getting 8 inches of snow tonight i endeded up useing the accesory output wire because like you all said there was no output coming from the main unit on the purple wire. Thanks alot!
Matt Rivera
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
so the car is started using the acc wire? Or did u program the optional acc to star?
mrivera989 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
the output from the ACC wire on remote start ribbon is connected to the starter trigger because there was no output from the main unit on the purple wire so i had to use another trigger wire just to get ground output
Matt Rivera
tedmond 
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
okay understood. Just wnated to clear things up for those reading. if u got ur car to start with a constant 12 from acc, u must be the man lol
gmoneygardner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
never mind i figured out that thats not a good way to go so what i did was relay the second starter on the relay pack to my cars starter wire on the Ignition harness, with the output from the acc it just keeps your stater turning over and over after it is started. Just for note.
Steve Gardner
S&I Manager
Circuit City
tedmond 
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
yea thats what i was trying to say, i fu can get a car to start and run with a constant 12 from your acc wire to your START wire, you must be the man... good thing u found out it was grinding badly and fixed it.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic