icon

'07 cobalt trouble remote starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

I just wired mine like described in link below and it works great- it is also a two relay (and one resistor) method-- although I would like to see the tech tip you describe- always wish to learn---- funny thing though- when I was checking the resistance when I cut the WHITE/ blk wire and turned the key to crank position-- the car still started-- I had expected it not to start with the OEM resistor circuit cut-- so I truly believe it is a timing issue-- especially since it was randomly R/S starting for me even before I knew about the resistor circuit .  Thanks for all your help

http://documents.audiovox.com/700122.pdf

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Here ya go I found it:
http://documents.audiovox.com/700813.pdf
This has worked on most newer GM vehicle I've done that didn't want to seem to crank - even when using the PKG9 or PKG7 bypass. You should be able to get away with just this diagram and a key in the box on the G6, cobalt, malibu etc. Had to use it on an 08 vue the other day, and then an 08 equinox didn't need it. Just random but when you find one that won't crank, worth a shot. And see my earlier post for the quick way to see if this diagram will solve your problem.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic