Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Ideas?  Anyone?
realsnake 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Yep, you give the answer in the question...

Forgot to mention, what do I do with the accessory wire (brown wire) from the rs-1000?  I assume I don't hook it to anything since the PATS module does it?

The PATS use the ACC as an input not an output!!! You have to provide ACC from the rs1000.

jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, tried another option I seen on the forum.  I am still using the XK532 module but am not using the orange, pink or pink/white wires at all and am using the following for the relays connections.

Split your remote starters negative out when running wire or 3rd ignition wire (ground out) into two wires each with a diode inline and the white stripe on the diode facing the remote starter. Take one end of one diode and connect it to terminal #85 of a relay. Take the other end of the other diode and connect it to the other relays terminal #85. Take one relay and call it the 2nd starter relay. Connect terminal #86 to the remote starters starter wire. If your remote starter has a 2nd starter wire ouput use it instead. If not you must also connect the trucks starter wire to this terminal. Connect # 30 to one end of a 180 ohm resistor and the other end to ground, # 87 goes to the violet/brown wire in the ignition harness. Take the second relay and connect the remote starters accessory wire to #86. # 30 to one end of a 610 ohm resistor and the other end to ground.# 87 to the violet/brown wire. Terminal 87a is not used on either relay.

I still get the accessories to turn on fine and I don't get any errors but it still will not crank.  wth??  I see 100 posts on here with the same problem and it doesn't seem like anyone has found a problem.  I don't have access to the 1084 document either.

PLEASE HELP!!

jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

I have found a second PURPLE / brown wire in the steering column, that is the color that the MUX wire is supposed to be.  Any ideas on which one to use.  Funny thing, I don't have anything hooked to the MUX wire now and I dont have the XK532 hooked to the MUX wire either but when I try to remote start the accessories still come on??  I thought they wouldn't come on without a 610 ohm resistance.  The truck was made in Dec of 05, is it possible that it uses older wiring?

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

You are probably referring to the wrong mux wire, make sure to follow the wire up to the connector, there's two PURPLE / Brown in the harness, you can't even imagine how often the mistake is repeted, maybe in the 100 post you saw on the forum. lol

Check this out....

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
was there supposed to be something added to the bottom of your comment?  What is really strange is that I have nothing hooked to the MUX wire now at all and the accessories come on when trying to remote start?  I tried the relay option that I listed above just on the remote start side and I actually got the starter to crank for a split second.  As soon as it starts to crank it stops.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure the accy's are being powered, or the ignitons. You should still have an ignition wire hooked up which will turn lights on the dash and stuff like that. The accy wire will power the ac/heater circuit, not to mention the starting proccess in this vehicle.
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, my heat / AC and radio all come on.
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2007 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Folks

Just got done installing a rs1000 in my 06 3500 diesel ram pickup and now my gear indicator light doesn't work and when the truck is running and in park and I open the drivers door the horn starts to honk (this is a safety feature that dodge built in, if you open the door when it's in gear and let off the brake the horn will honk).  The problem is i didn't run the park/neutral safety swith wire (BLACK/ white) to the park/neutral swith, I ran it straight to ground.  The reason the horn honks is because it thinks its in gear.  Can something in the canbus be affecting this.  I cant find a diagram for the wiring on the park/neutral switch.

thanks

yenersecurity 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, it will do key sense, disarm, transponder bypass & 2nd starter / 2nd acc, all those nice stuff, no more resistors & relays are required.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic