icon

code ca 670, 96 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crank71 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I tried putting the fuses in and disarming the alarm thru the remote, but no go. As soon as I put either fuse in (RS 6 pin harness or 4 pin power harness) the dash and parking lights start to flash wildly. When I turn the key off, the siren and alarm go off and can't be shut down other than by pulling the fuse.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with how I connected the dome light supervision & negative door input on the alarm unit to the negative door pin on the truck. I questioned that earlier but twelvolz said I was right wiring it that way. I definitley have the unit set for negative dome polarity.

Anybody have any other ideas? It's probably a one month wait to take it in to any local guys...IF they will even touch it...

I can list which wires I have connected where, but that will be a long post...

Thanks...

howmuchlonger 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
I installed these units for about a year (what a long year it was!)  These are great units on paper and when they hold their programing.   Most of these ca units come w/the remotes unprogramed.  You need to place the unit into vallet mode.  (read manual as i dont remember maybey ign on then press and hold led/vallet button untill led turns solid blue?)  Then You have to program the remotes.  I hope you don't have to change any programing options.  Good luck!
Test it w/your meter!!!
crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
I just had a read thru on one of several wiring diagrams I have for this truck (the one that is the 2nd post on this thread...) and it mentions that I need a Part Relay with the Dome Light Supervison? This is the only wiring diagram that mentions this, and of course I don't have one installed. Is it just a normal SPDT relay?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

yes, it will require a relay for the use of domelight supervision. A Sigle Pole Single Throw (SPST) will work just fine.

86 - Constant 12v

85 - dome light activation wire from unit
70 - high current ground
30 - to door trigger.

in some cases, units will automatically ignore door for 30seconds until the dome light shuts off then arm. Some units must be entered into program mode to learn the wait time on the light supervision.

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Tedmond, just so I am clear, the pupose of this is to ground the door trigger when activated from the alarm brain? Basically ground 70 and tie 30 to the (-) door trigger?

Thanks

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Tedmond, just so I am clear, the pupose of this is to ground the door trigger when activated from the alarm brain? Basically ground 70 and tie 30 to the (-) door trigger?

yea, the only reason uuse a relay because ur unit cant send out a strong enough signal to trigger dome lights. the dome lights draw a hefty ammount of current. If u connected ur brain wire to that, it would fry ur unit. since the output on brains are only 500ma. domelights are max 15amps or so.

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

Ha, I bet I fried that output already then...but maybe not. I'll install the relay and see if that works. I wonder ...if the Dome Light output on the brain is fried, could I just not connect the dome light cct?

I better start trolling eBay for another Code brain....

crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, the dome light output on the CA-670 has an internal relay, so I think it is okay to hook it directly to the door trigger....the unit has selectable +/- for Dome, Parking and trunk...
tedmond 
Posted: December 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
if it does have an internal relay, yes u can connect it directly. U can go to the door trigger, or go straight to the domelight. when u go to the domelight, sometimes it might be more work for u. but since its ur car, i guess u wont mind putting the time out :p
crank71 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2007 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

Just wanted to close this thread by saying that I got the unit to go into programming mode finally and followed the following procedure I found on another thread (thanks Hagmanti). All in all, it was a tough install for me as it was my first RS w/ alarm. In the summer I may connect the windows and defrost, but I'm just happy to have the RS, DL's and alarm all functioning properly...thanks for the help guys.

Turn on the ignition.

Put the fuses in. (parking lites flash and relays in the brain click away)
Turn the ignition off.  (alarm goes off, lights flash)
Close all the doors, then open one (or more).
Turn on the ignition. Press and hold the valet button. After 5-10 seconds, the LED should light solid. Continue holding the button. You will hear 3 chirps. Now press the lock button on whatever remotes you want to control the brain.  (I had to program the LED remote twice for some reason. The first programming would lock/unlock, but not RS. The second program attempt allowed RS and lock/unlock)
That last step needs to be completed relatively quickly (no more than 10 seconds or so between steps).

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic