icon

07 nissan maxima smart key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Have a customer with a 2007 Nissan Maxima who would like remote start added, I read a few topics and it seems the best thing is to do a one-button remote start and the intelligent key will still work and do the rest...Ive gathered that the XK07 is going to be my best choice for a bypass, How do you do a key takeover in this kind of car, will they have to shut down the remote start and restart with manually? Any other info or problems on these cars?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Do not use the xko07, it is a mjaor pain in the arse. ads-al-ca is the way to go. I spent many hours with trilogix tech support trying to use the xko7.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
i think u have to turn the car off with the door trigger, brake wont work if i rememeber from reading around.
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
you press the ignition button 2 times upon entering the car then hit the brake and your ready to roll.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure it has a push button start and not just a keyless start? I didn't think the 07 max had push button. With the intelligent key they still have to physically turn the igniion, they just don't have to insert the key. Key takeover is done the same as normal. Double check with the customer before you make this harder than it has to be.
Edit: So yes use the XK07, do NOT hook up the key sense wire, and be done with it. Also let them know once running via remote start they will be able to lock/unlock the doors from their OEM keyless, but the trunk pop and panic will NOT work with the vehicle running.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
I thought the CAN-SL2 solved the problem of the Nissan smartkeys...
The search function is your friend.
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

xtremej wrote:
Do not use the xko07, it is a mjaor pain in the arse. ads-al-ca is the way to go. I spent many hours with trilogix tech support trying to use the xko7.

What issues did you have with it?

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Should be cut and dry the BCM is right there where you make your connections. I've used the XK07 on a maxima before no issues.
xtremej 
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

After 3 days of operation an itelli key error appeared everytime remtoe start was used. the vehicle had to be shut down and restarted to clear the error. I talked with trilogix tech and they confirmed this is a known error on some vehicle and they working on a way to correct it. The cansl2 is supposed to work as well with  updated software. I used a ads module and the problem was corrected on the last one. We just did another push button start using the ads piece, about 2 hours and it was buttoned up and ready to roll, way easier than xko7 with no errors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic